QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Monday, February 02, 2009
National Football Hangover Day!
The Monday’s after Superbowl Sunday always completely blow. I said it on Facebook and I’ll say it here – today should be a national holiday. No mail, no banks open, no work for anybody – well, except for eating type places. Because nobody should have to cook on Football Hangover Day.

This Superbowl was a little different than most – why you ask? Because the game was way more interesting than the commercials or the halftime entertainment. Very rarely do you see a Superbowl where the the winner is determined in the last few minutes of the game. And I can bet that the Arizona Cardinals right now are kicking themselves in the ass for losing that one last night. But, any given Sunday right?

I love Jennifer Hudson singing the Star Spangled Banner. That woman is amazing. She has one of the most beautiful voices out there. And she brings emotion to the table – and that’s rare to be able to do both. I wish I could say the same thing for Mr. Springsteen though. He was just terrible. And painful to watch. I think his Glory Days were a long time ago and should be kept there. Sorry Bruce. Sometimes you gotta know when to say when.

This weekend was rough. Saturday was absolutely terrible. Dennis and Leo are completely at odds now and I’m not sure their relationship will ever be repaired. Leo bit Dennis on Saturday morning. I’m not making excuses for the dog, don’t get me wrong, because there is simply no excuse for biting. Ever. But he’s old. And gets cranky. And two things you don’t do with him is mess with his food or his toy. And Dennis was trying to get him to play with his toy. It was just so upsetting. I thought Dennis was going to kill him – seriously kill him he was so pissed off. And rightly so. I had to pull him inside before he did something he would have completely regretted. I spent all day Saturday crying like a big baby because I know what’s coming. We’re going to have to put him down if this behavior continues. I’m not sure what to do at this point. He can be the sweetest, cuddliest dog you have ever seen, but when he’s being messed with he lashes out like that. And we had to talk about it last night. What to do about it. We haven’t decided yet and maybe it’s not time. I don’t know. I suppose we’ll have to play this one by ear.

Anyway, I hope you all had a nice weekend! And I hope this weekend goes by fast too.
posted by suebiedoobie @ 8:01 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At Monday, February 02, 2009 8:49:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, what an exciting game that was! I wasn't planning on watching it because I'm just not into either team, but since I was done painting and relaxing on the couch I thought I'd watch it since it was on. Well, I was pleasantly surprised.

    In the beginning I thought the Steelers were going to totally beat down the Cardinals with some really awesome plays in the beginning, but then I took a bath after halftime and came down to see the Cardinals were only down by 6. I'm like, oh there's still a chance they can get a touchdown and win it. Mike said, not likely. Well they got that saftey and then the surprising touchdown by that really fast runner with the long hair. I thought the Cardinals had won it.

    BUT, there was still 2 minutes left and we all know that a team can come back and score in a fraction of that time. It was still unlikely, but OMG, the Steelers pulled it off. With a very impressive catch in the end zone just barely inbounds. Wow! Then the Cardinals almost completed that pass when they were trying to come back AGAIN. I wouldn't have been surprised if they got it, but unfortunately for them, they didn't.

    SUCH a crazy game! Especially in the last few minutes. And here I thought it would be a boring game! I actually liked the Springsteen show and some of the commercials were pretty good. I now want a Toyota Tundra because it can drive through fire. ;) Unfortunately I missed Jennifer Hudson. I'm sure she really knocked it out of the park.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates