QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Thursday, January 29, 2009
And I Never Learned to Read!!!
I swear to God don’t people know how to read?

Seriously, has reading comprehension taken such a nose dive that people don’t even understand the English language anymore?

When a popup pops up and says:


“Hey, Numbnuts, you’re exiting without saving this document are you sure you want to fuck this up?”

And you respond by clicking on “Yes” – not once, but twice and then come back and say:

“I know I saved it. I don’t know what happened?”

I really want to stangle you. Maybe you’re an idiot and shouldn’t be allowed to be within ten feet of a computer?

I built the fucking system, I know that it’s impossible to close certificate document without saving it. We had this problem last year when we had another idiot working for us that kept forgetting to save the certificates of insurance after she issued them. So, I built a safeguard in the system that if you tried to close without saving that a box pops up saying:

Photobucket

What the hell else do I have to do? I guess I better get into the designer and make it so you can’t even exit the document until you save it. So, I guess I need to add the Hey, Numbnuts part. I'm sure that would get their attention.

Anyway, I guess it’s Thursday and only one more day (after this one) of madness until the weekend.

Lost last night? Can't discuss it. I fell asleep about 10 minutes into it. Yea, I know, lame. Hey, I was fucking tired! I kept getting woke up in the middle of the night with my tummy problems so I needed the sleep. And last night was good! I only got woke up once and that was because Leo wanted to go outside. Bastard.

And FYI – Chasing Amy (the cover band that Dennis is playing guitar in) will be playing both this Friday and Saturday night. Friday at Wilmot Ski Hill in Wilmot, Wisconsin and Saturday at Lumpy’s in Salem, Wisconsin. Bring your dancin’ shoes and your beer goggles!

posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:49 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At Thursday, January 29, 2009 9:51:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL! I don't know that it's necessarily that people don't know how to read, it's just they don't read. They are in too much of a rush to bother reading the pop-up windows that come up. I know I'm guilty of it sometimes. Maybe change it to "Do you want to save this document before closing" and put a "Yes" and "No" response. That way when they automatically hit "Yes" without reading it, it will be saved. :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates