QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Monday, January 26, 2009
What are you Thankful For?
Yikes!! Another Monday and I really wish I was still at home and in bed.

But, this morning, I’m very thankful I have a job to go to. So many aren’t so fortunate these days. With growing up in mid-Illinois you grow up knowing that if Caterpillar is doing well, you’re going to do well. If Caterpillar isn’t, you’re in for a hell ride. And I feel for everybody from my hometown today. Caterpillar announced they are cutting 20,000 jobs and it’s predicted 2009 will be their worst year since the end of World War II.

I remember the late 70’s growing up in mid-Illinois when the economy was tanked. It was not a pretty sight. Everything is so effected by this one company that when it laid people off, everything was effected. Restaurants go out of business, stores close, you name it. If it was a business, it closed down. My brother lost his home and both cars after getting laid off from Caterpillar. He had four small children in the house and lost everything. When they repossessed his cars in the middle of the night their oldest daughter cried. Her schoolbooks and homework were in the car. She knew she would get an F that day for not bringing in her work.

About the only thing to fully survive in tough economic times is the business of selling and/or consuming alcohol. Which was my brother’s downfall. See, he never fully recovered from that time period and a part of him died back then. I saw it in him then, and I see it in him now.

I pray for all of the men, women, and children of the Peoria area today, and everywhere in this country because we are in for a very long, hard, bitter fight. I don’t know how this one is going to end, but my heart breaks for the many casualties that will fall along the way.

May you rich ass, money grubbing, greedy, golden parachuting, fucking millionaire bankers and corporate suits rot in hell for what you’ve done to this country. May God have mercy on your souls because I, for one, do not.
posted by suebiedoobie @ 8:09 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At Monday, January 26, 2009 8:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh God that's terrible! Thank Goodness Mike and I have good jobs. He won't be losing his anytime soon because even with a bad economy people still need the fire department. And if I lost mine, well, we would make do on one income. It would be tight, but we would survive.

     
  • At Monday, January 26, 2009 9:13:00 AM, Blogger suebiedoobie said…

    I agree Cindy. You have to have a fire department!

    I just feel so horrible for so many people who don't have something that like that. I mean, I know if it got really bad I could lose my job too.

    My heart just breaks for people with families that don't know how they are going to manage.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates