QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Monday, January 12, 2009
I Survived Satan's Bowels
I still feel exhausted.

Even though I spent most of Sunday lounging around the house and napping every few hours. Mostly, it was from staying up way too late again on Saturday night. Or it was the Sunday late morning trip to Walmart (forever now known as Satan’s Bowels) that sealed the deal. Take your pick.

The show on Saturday went good – except for Dennis breaking a string first song in. Luckily, he had, like, 100 guitars with him (okay, high exaggeration – he only had 4 I think) and made the switch before anybody even really knew what happened. There was a huge crowd there, despite all the fucking snow we got on Friday through Saturday. Needless to say we didn’t get home until around 3:30 am. And what’s going to be worse is he has a show this week on Friday and on Saturday. Seriously, I’m getting way too old for this stay up late crap. It takes me two days to recover, which means I’m totally worthless come Monday.

Come Sunday morning we decided we needed to make a trip to Satan’s Bowels. I needed a few things I can’t get at Jewel and wanted to make some taco soup. Mistake – BIG mistake. People are insane at Satan’s Bowels on a Sunday morning. I can’t even imagine what it’s like on a Saturday. You couldn’t even get down the canned vegetable isle without wanting to bash somebody’s skull in. Then going through the checkout lane damned near made me want to bring in an automatic weapon of some kind for my next excursion to Satan’s Bowels. This stupid bitch couldn’t get her credit card to work. And she kept sliding the card through the reader at a pace only outdone by a fucking snail. Then she finally gave up and wrote a check. You would have thought it was the first time she ever wrote out a check considering it took less time to write War and Peace. The three people behind us in line left for the next aisle.

But I did make a purchase that made me smile – a nice, big, crock pot! Yes, I finally broke down and got one. I’ve been wanting to get one for a long time but just never think about it when I’m there. And I tested it out yesterday making the best Taco Soup in the world. So, I guess having to fight the assholes at Satan’s Bowels was only slightly worth it.

So, I hope everybody has a happy Monday – which is about as insane as those stupid commercials wishing everybody a happy period. Both are equally as annoying.
posted by suebiedoobie @ 8:24 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates