QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Monday, June 16, 2008
I Survived the Week from Hell
Wow, Monday again!! And I haven't blogged since last Monday.

Last week was a week from hell. My server crashed and I had to order a new one. Unfortunately, it's next to impossible to find a server that has the operating system I want on it already loaded. And I had to find it already loaded since it takes two weeks to get the operating system from Microsoft (we're using Windows 2000 Professional, which isn't supported anymore so no server purchased today can run it - you have to get Windows 2003 or Windows 2008 and it takes forever and is expensive as all hell). Of course, I didn't realize this until after we got a new server and I went to load the OS on it. Then it's like - guess what? You're fucked!!!

So, I eventually got a server from Dell, however it'll take at least two weeks to get here. Great. What do we do in the meantime? Find an old computer that still has EIDE drives on it that will load Windows 2000. And I found one - my boss wife's home computer. The thing is slower than shit, but it's fine for what we're using it for. And she gets a bonus of a new computer! So, we have a crutch until the new server eventually makes it's way here.

Mojo Cannon's album is really coming out great! They're in the mix down stage now, so it shouldn't be too much longer.

They are playing this Friday night at Chicago City Limits in Schaumburg with 3 other bands. Which is nice because we don't have to stay until 2:00am when everybody else is done! I believe they are playing second so that might make them play around, hmmmmm, 10 or 11pm? Then they play a huge outdoor party in Spring Grove on the 4th. Which will be a lot of fun! It's on the property where Spring Grove does their fireworks. The guy who owns the property also owns the antique store where the guys rehearse. Lots of food, lots of booze, lots of FUN! So, if you're in this area you are cordially invited to the bash of the season.

And that's about it. How was your weekend?
posted by suebiedoobie @ 8:33 AM  
4 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates