QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Wednesday, February 04, 2009
Happy Birthday Dennis (early)
For the love of God I’m really doubting this global warming thing. Not that I really actually believed in it anyway, or I should say that IF there is such a thing as global warming I don’t think humans are responsible. I think we’re going into a global cool down. In the month of January we had one day – ONE DAY where it got above 30 degrees. Can you believe that shit? Well, rumor has it that it’s going to get up to 47 on Saturday. Can you stand that? It’ll feel like 80 after today. But, it’s also supposed to be rainy. I guess you can’t have it all, eh?

I’ll be off tomorrow since it’s Dennis’ birthday and I figured we could hang out together. Although, I did ask him if a better birthday present would be for me to just leave him alone and see him in Friday. Fortunately for him he didn’t agree with that statement. Good. He can live to see his birthday tomorrow after all.

I have no idea what we’ll do since we’re not exactly rolling in money. But maybe, if he plays his cards right, he might actually get a little sumpthin’ sumpthin’. Maybe we could go and have a cheap lunch someplace and a drink – and by cheap I mean like a burger, fries, and a beer someplace. I think I can swing that. But, as usual, no gifts again this year.

But that’s okay. Every day I read some other company is laying off a gagillion people and I just thank God that I have a job. One that pays the bills – barely. And Dennis helps a lot, even though what he’s doing now isn’t exactly union operator wage. I swear, once all this stuff gets straightened out and the economy is doing better and construction actually starts up again – we’ll feel like we’re rich! I don’t hold a whole lot of hope for this year in that area, but I can pray. I just wonder what all those laid off people with families (and without families) are going to do to get by. It’s not like anybody is actually hiring right now. So, I say a little prayer for them all before tucking myself in my bed, then I thank God that I am working and that we’re surviving. Some days, that’s all you can do.
posted by suebiedoobie @ 8:06 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates