QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Wednesday, May 07, 2008
7 Days
I made it through the first week of not smoking. And it hasn't been that bad. There are moments where I want to cave in, but they are pretty far between and not very often. And I don't cave so I guess I'm doing okay!


This week has already been way too long, and it's only Wednesday. I completely gave up on American Idol because, well, this is the worst season by far. I just can't get into it at all this year because the whole premise has become a poster child for lameness. And this opinion has been fueled even more by the fact that I caught the movie Dreamgirls last night. I just have to say that Jennifer Hudson, an American Idol alum that didn't win first or even second place, was totally phenomenal in it. Her pipes are what I would expect to see in this show, that I haven't seen at all in three seasons now. With the exception of Melinda last year, the contestants all seem so watered down and...thin. Oh well. I'm sure they'll still sell a lot of records, still have ensuing careers that will eventually lead them down the road of obscurity. But who cares, right? It's a TV show.

I think I'm finally just burning out complete on TV because even the new "old" shows that are back seem extremely lame. It's like the writers completely forgot how to write after the strike.

Ah, well, I better get to work since it is a Wednesday, the boss is in the office, and I have my usual stack of shit to ponder.
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:44 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates