QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Friday, May 02, 2008
2 Days, 51 Minutes, 47 Seconds and Counting
Yes, it's true. As of this moment it's been 2 days, 51 minutes, and 47 seconds since I had my last cigarette. And I'm doing pretty good at this point.

Day one was tough. I was cranky, moody, and just a general bitch (so, it really was like any other day!), day two was better, now that I'm in day three, well, I think I've got it under control.

Whatever that means.

The weekend is almost here so we'll see how I do after that!

The downside is I've been eating everything in site. Well, not really, but we did go out to my favorite Mexican place last night and, well, we went through two baskets of chips and about 4 little cups of salsa. Good thing we split an order of Fajitas otherwise I wouldn't have fit through the door this morning!

I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure I don't over eat as a result of not smoking. And I think I'll be okay. Last night was more of a little celebration than anything. I got my check for the side job, and I have to submit another invoice for the past week today. And it's coming to a close. I have almost all of the test data sent over (except for what is just way too big to send via the net - I'm slapping the 35,000 resume Word documents over to them on a disc) so then all I do after that is wait to see if they need any changes to the exported data. If not, then they load it all into their software, get the company who hired me to approve it, I send down the live data one more time and that's it!

Now, if I could only get a few jobs like this a month I would be set.

And if frogs had wings and all that shit.

Not much planned this weekend. Grocery shopping, house cleaning tomorrow. Sunday, going with Dennis to Chip Znuff's to lay down some of the vocal tracks, and that's about it. I think I'll be lugging my laptop over there so I'll have something to do tho.

Anybody have anything exciting going on this weekend?
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:52 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At Friday, May 02, 2008 9:27:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great job on the quitting! I love your quitmeter up top! You should start saving some of the money you aren't using on cigarettes. You could probably take a nice vacation next year from what you save! :)

     
  • At Friday, May 02, 2008 3:01:00 PM, Blogger Wildsissy said…

    wtg girl!! keep it up! I was wondering why you hadn't blogged all week! figured you were busy at work! :)

     
  • At Saturday, May 03, 2008 4:17:00 PM, Blogger Christine said…

    great job on saying fuck you to cigarettes! keep up the good work...it's hard, bt chemo is harder!

    and...congrats on your first side job paycheck! a little extra cash always feels great!

    --christine

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates