QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Tuesday, April 08, 2008
This Sucks
Okay, I'm extremely depressed today.

I did the ole tax return last night, and this year they took more out of my paychecks each week so I figured we would be getting money back, or at least breaking even, right? Wrong. We have to pay around $2,000!!! Holy fuck!

I can't even talk about it today, I really can't. I just get more and more pissed off about the economy, the gas prices, the way inflation is getting out of hand while the government still takes out more and more and more...

I guess it's true. There are only two things with certainty in life - death and taxes.

I feel like my life is total shit. Seriously, I have accomplished absolutely nothing except managing to dig myself deeper in the hole. If I was smart (and apparently I am not) I would have done my taxes before last weekend. However, seeing how I didn't and just assumed that we would get money back this year I guess I'm the ass in the assume this time.

Oh well. Live and learn. Or live and die trying. Whichever comes first.
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:45 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At Tuesday, April 08, 2008 8:57:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ouch! That really stinks. Sounds like you need to adjust your withholding at work again. The bright side is that you should hopefully get the full $1200 rebate this year. Just make sure you file your taxes by the 15th otherwise you won't get the rebate.

    (((Suzie)))

    That is a CRAZY amount for you two to owe.

     
  • At Tuesday, April 08, 2008 9:04:00 AM, Blogger suebiedoobie said…

    Nope. I won't get it.

    You don't get it if you owe money to the IRS. I still owe money from last year that I'm still paying off.

    Hopefully, tho, they'll take that money and apply it to what we already owe.

    and we can't afford to have more money taken out right now. We're lucky to be able to pay what we can with what we've got.

    Oh, I wish I would have known this 2 weeks ago.

     
  • At Tuesday, April 08, 2008 11:09:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You'll still get it even if you owe, but from what I understand they will apply it to any federal or state taxes that you owe. So, you'll still get it, but you won't actually see it unfortunately. :(

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates