QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Tuesday, March 18, 2008
This Day is Going to be Fun!
Today is going to be so much fun! I can't wait!!

We have some network guys coming in to redo our network. Which means that they're going to botch the job and not everything will work. I can almost guarantee it.

Which means that when my boss comes in tomorrow it'll be me that gets yelled at. We have a much different configuration than any other office in our company. Mostly because we have 4-5 people working at the same time. Which means we need to share data. The home office didn't provide that for us so we had to provide it for ourselves.

We have a server that houses all of our Notes databases (which includes all our client contact information, every fax that comes into our office, every call that comes in is logged for future reference, all our certificates of insurance are on this server, and messages that come into the office for the boss are all logged). We also have a shared printer/scanner/fax machine. Although, 99% of all our faxing goes through the server we still scan from the printer and the scans are routed to our Notes server and into our individual inboxes. As you might have already guessed - this is some important stuff.

And these guys aren't going to have a clue how to handle it. So, when they come in, before they touch a computer, router, or DSL modem we're going to sit down and discuss exactly how it's going to be handled. And if they aren't prepared, or if they say, "That can't be done." then I say, "Sorry, we'll have to reschedule once you have a better handle on the situation.".

I know that's going to go over big. And I'm prepared for the fact that these guys are immediately going to believe I have no idea what I'm talking about. They're going to see a woman who works in an insurance office and will immediately blow me off. I'm used to it. I know how to handle it. I lived it for 15 years when I worked in IT doing networking and application development. Little do they know that I'm going to be on them like stink on shit to make sure this is done right and everything works.

They're so going to hate me.
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:47 AM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates