QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Tuesday, March 11, 2008
I Need a Nap
I am soooo tired today. Not sure why. Other than, again, last night, I found it hard to get to sleep before 11:00. My body clock is all out of whack. And it really did feel like I had to get up an hour earlier than usual today.

Well, I returned the first laptop and replaced it with a different one last night. I realized yesterday that there were a couple key elements that the original one was lacking. One - a firewire port. You can't hook up camcorders to a computer without one anymore. Second - an expansion slot. If I ever get the inclination to get a broadband wireless card from Verizon Wireless, I'll certainly need one of those. Not that I need either of them today, but six months from now I don't want to find myself saying, "Oh Shit, I'm already outdated!". And, the replaced one has a bigger hard drive (250 vs 160), a built in web cam, RAM is expandable to 4Gig (vs 3Gig)....ummm, what else? Oh, yea, a LightScribe Direct Disc Labeling cd/dvd recorder/drive. If you've never heard of it, it looks pretty cool. You get LightScribe cds/dvds and it will "silk screen" any text, graphic, photo, whatever directly onto the cd/dvd without any labels. It will only do it in grayscale, but that's still pretty cool. I haven't had a chance to check it out since I don't have any LightScribe media, but I plan on checking it out. Of course, the replaced laptop wound up costing me an extra $107 dollars, but I think it's worth the extra money.

I think now that there was something wrong with the first laptop anyway. It took 2 hours for it to "install applications" the first time I booted it up - this one took 4 minutes. And this one seems so much faster - even though it's the same processor (Dual AMD Turion). So, who knows.

Anyway, the boss has me hopping already this morning so I better get to work.
posted by suebiedoobie @ 8:32 AM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates