QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Wednesday, March 05, 2008
So Long Brett
Well, the news is out. Brett Favre has retired. But I think everybody already knows this now. So, it's not exactly news but I still wanted to give it a mention anyway.

Me, being a huge Bears fan, would normally be elated at this kind of news. However, I think it's a little sad. Favre is a great quarterback and his retirement leaves a little bit of a void in the otherwise natural succession of athletes. Now we're left with the likes of the Brady's, the two Mannings, and the obvious newcomers like Romo. Which isn't a bad thing, but the thing I always liked the most about Favre was the level of class he brought to the field. It's something that every professional athlete should aspire to.

Okay, next, American Idol. Sorry, but every single guy last night just reeked. Or maybe it was just because it was 80's night that got to me. But I don't think so. Who in their right mind would ever even consider singing ♪ Wake me up, before you go go ♪ in a singing competition? I mean, seriously dude. If you ever want anybody to totally question your sexuality then, by all means, sing Wham. And sing it poorly. And speaking of sexual orientation being in question - nevermind. I don't think it's in question at all, but what's up with Danny Noriega? I think he's a really cute kid and he has a surprisingly better voice than most of the guys, but, seriously, dude? Can you tone it down a notch? It's like there's a giant flame glowing all around his body. And it's all okay - until he speaks. Wow.

Anyway, we'll have to see how the girls do tonight. And, dear God ladies, pick some decent songs! I know there were some decent ones to pick out of the 80's - far and few between, I'll admit. But, come on! You can find 'em if you really really try!
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:45 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At Wednesday, March 05, 2008 1:26:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok, ladies....sorry I haven't posted in a couple days, but things have been crazy around here at the office. However......I'm not going to have to worry about that for long. Thanks for all of your well wishes and keeping your fingers crossed. It worked! I got the job I had been interviewing for with a whopping 25% raise. Plus, now I actually get benefits! (Can you believe our benefits at a CPA firm suck? Oh well, they are money hungry bastards so you can probably guess that) Anyway, I am going to tell them this afternoon, and I am sure the partner who told me and another associate we needed "to start drinking smoothies for lunch and going for a run" is going to flip the fuck out! I know I should maybe give a shit, but guess what - fuck 'em. Anyway, I figure if this happens, I am going to take the high road and just tell them thank you for the opportunity to work here, blah blah blah. He can whine in his sandbox by himself. Ok, I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow, but yay me!

    Also, Sue, I agree about Danny...damn boy, grow some chest hair or something!

     
  • At Thursday, March 06, 2008 7:36:00 AM, Blogger suebiedoobie said…

    Congrats on the new job!!

    That's awesome!!!

     
  • At Thursday, March 06, 2008 7:50:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates