QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Thursday, February 21, 2008
American Idol Keeps Jumping the Shark
Boss is in early, have tons to do, so this will be short. I know, you're broken hearted. But rest assured that I will undoubtedly have nothing of interest to say anyway.

American Idol. Dear God, this show has really jumped the shark last year. Well, it actually officially jumped the year Taylor Hicks won. But, this year, is looking like it will wind up being an equally boring and predictable season. There's absolutely no standouts at all. Which is sad. Because there are so many really talented singers out there - but apparently they aren't auditioning for American Idol. I found myself bored to tears watching this last night. And sad that whoever wins this year is going to go down in obscurity like most Idol winners. With the exception of a few, not many have really acheived any long lasting success. Of course, Carrie Underwood and whatsherface from season one - oh yea, Kelly Clarkson have done a decent job. But where is Ruben Studdard? Where is Taylor Hicks? Where is last years winner - with the exception of singing the National Anthem at the Superbowl? I don't know. It just seems like this has turned into such a blase competition. I think, to spice things up, do a season where there aren't any age restrictions. Let's see some people in there with some stage experience and years of developing their vocal talent. Now that would be interesting!

Anyway, I have a ton to do and I really don't have anything more to say about American Idol. Except that I think I watched my last episode of this disaster in the making last night. 'Eh, who am I kidding. I'll still watch and still be mortified.
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:42 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At Thursday, February 21, 2008 8:17:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't watch the show so I never knew they had an age restriction. Taylor Hicks looked older than the typical winner has been, but I guess it could have been premature gray hair. What's the restriction?

     
  • At Thursday, February 21, 2008 8:24:00 AM, Blogger suebiedoobie said…

    You have to be 28 or under during the initial audition. That's why some turn 29 during the competition. But, that's the age limit.

     
  • At Thursday, February 21, 2008 10:40:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, Taylor Hicks looked a lot older than 28. He looked a lot closer to 40 to me.

    If they are going to have an age limit I think they should raise it to at least 40. 28 is a strange cut off.

     
  • At Thursday, February 21, 2008 10:40:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, Taylor Hicks looked a lot older than 28. He looked a lot closer to 40 to me.

    If they are going to have an age limit I think they should raise it to at least 40. 28 is a strange cut off.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates