QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Thursday, February 07, 2008
The Blizzard of 2008
I took lots of pictures last night. Unfortunately, I forgot to upload them so I'll have to post them tomorrow.

I survived it. And I actually did make it into work yesterday but missed my first train and had to grab the second. Getting to work wasn't as much of a pain in the ass as getting home from work. I did take the train home, but our streets in our subdivision hadn't been plowed yet and Dennis couldn't get the car into the street. So, he wound up taking the battery out of the Mercedes, putting it in the Suzuki Sidekick, and got it going to come pick me up. The only downside to the Sidekick is the plates are expired - by about a year. No big thing, right? Fortunately, I kept the liability insurance on the thing because I was too lazy to call to take it off. We were originally planning on junking the thing because it has over 200,000 miles and was having problems, but now I'm thinking we should get a new battery for it, re-plate the thing, and keep it as a car I can drive to the train station, or whatever until it's warm enough to get the Mustang out of the garage.

I couldn't tell you how much snow we actually got, but if I had to put it into technical terms I would have to say it's a shitload. How much is a shitload exactly? I don't know, but it's a lot!

Of course, I'm so over winter already I could scream and, thank God, March is coming up and that means Spring is right around the corner! What corner? I don't know, but my guess would be the corner between March and April. Funny how that works, right?

Dennis' birthday was pretty uneventful, poor guy. We were supposed to get together with a bunch of friends on Tuesday night, but the snow storm kind of killed that idea. So, hopefully, we can still do something for him this weekend. I guess that's the perils of having a birthday fall in the winter.

I wonder if blogger.com realizes yet that the spell checker still doesn't work? I'm sure, dear blog readers, that you all have!
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:45 AM  
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates