QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Friday, January 25, 2008
Ebay Scum of the Earth
Happy Friday Blogsters!

Yea, my attitude is always better on a Friday. And I made a decision. I am not going to work at the restaurant tonight. I just can't do it. Although I enjoyed it while I did, I just can't handle the little amount of money for the amount of work I had to put into it. And, honestly, I like the owner - we were somewhat friends before and I think the only way to preserve that friendship is by not working for her.

Dennis had to deal with a real ebay asshole last night. He's been selling a lot of the music gear that neither one of us use any longer. He's sold a Marshall amplifier and speaker cabinet, effects pedals, guitars, you name it - if it's been sitting in our house and hasn't been used in two years it's going. Anyway, back to the story at hand. He listed a Peavey bass speaker cabinet with a big ole honkin' 15 inch speaker in it. Unfortunately, it only sold for $50 bucks. Which, okay, whatever. It's been sitting unused for years so it's just taking up space, right? The buyer was local and wanted to come pick it up. That's fine, no problem there. The cabinet has been sitting in the garage for a few weeks - Dennis tested it before storing and listing it and it worked just fine. So, last night the guy comes and picks it up. As they're loading it in the guys Escalade Dennis tells him this:

Dennis: Dude, just make sure you allow this cabinet to warm up before plugging it into anything. It's a speaker and there are electronics in it. It's been sitting in my garage in below zero weather for two weeks. It's cold. You might blow the speaker if it's cold when you plug it in.

What does the guy do 15 minutes after Dennis tells him this? You guessed it. Plugged it in to test it out. So, the phone rings about 20 minutes after the guy leaves and tells Dennis:

Ebay Scum: Dude, you sold me a bad cabinet.
Dennis: Dude, what are you talking about.
Ebay Scum: Dude, I plugged it in and it doesn't work.
Dennis: Dude, why the fuck did you plug it in before warming it up?
Ebay Scum: Dude, I needed to make sure it worked and I didn't get fucked.
Dennis: Dude, I guess you just fucked me. Bring it back and I'll give you your money back.

So, he brings it back and Dennis hands him his $50 bucks. Then the asshole tells Dennis he wants another $10 bucks for his time, gas, and trouble! Did you ever see the Exorcist? Remember when that bitch's head spun around and she puked split pea soup? Well, Dennis didn't puke split pea soup, but I swear his head spun around a full 180 degrees at least twice before he counted to ten, gave the guy $10 more bucks and told him to get the hell out of our house. And here's the kicker. The guy turns around and says, "I tell ya what, I'll take the matching 4 12 cabinet and take only half of the money back in return.".

Yea, that'll happen. Dennis said not a word, opened the door, and just pointed to his car. The guy left. So, now Dennis has the cabinet inside all night for it to warm up to see what kind of damage this asshole did. And the best part is that the cabinet without a speaker in it at all is worth more than the $50 bucks the asshole paid for it.

But, it's Friday and that's the way the Ebay ball bounces, I guess.

Hope everybody has a great weekend!
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:52 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At Friday, January 25, 2008 10:28:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG, what a jerk and an idiot to boot! I hope Dennis hasn't left the dude any feedback yet so in case he gives Dennis negative he can stick it right back to him.

    I guess you guys know for the future that you should bring the speakers in the house to warm up first before giving them to anybody because apparently there are people out there with less than a full brain and can't comprehend simple instructions.

     
  • At Friday, January 25, 2008 1:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well hopefully you can get some money for the cabinet at least and maybe some of the other stuff will sell better.

     
  • At Tuesday, August 19, 2008 10:27:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just had a problem with ebay thought i might share with you as ebay are greedy scumbags and goodluck when you get into a problem.
    First of all i used to use sold.com.au owned by mark or peter coyne till ebay bought them out. I hated ebay when sold was there but then i had no choice to use them as sold an Australian company was gone then this US crap came. Thats what ebay usually do and are known for, if they get rivals around the world they buy them out or drive them out of business. They are scum of the lowest kind.
    So i have been a buyer for about 7 years with the odd problem here and there but nothing major. This year i have bought so much shit off this website i have decided to sell it. Been selling for about 3 months with no problems. Been selling mostly cd's and dvd's. I sell about 100 a week. I offer normal, registered and express postage worldwide. Out of those 100 buyers maybe 1 will choose to register the item. Okay here's the fun part.

    I sold a cd to a guy in germany. It sold for $50 plus $10 postage. The guy only paid for normal postage and declined on the insurance which was offered for $5 extra. 3 weeks past, the guys does not contact me at all but goes through paypal owned by ebay as you know and says he hasn't recieved it. The only proof i had that i posted it was the receipt from my local Australia Post said international stamps used but ofcourse its not going to have tracking as the buyer didn't pay for it or where the item was posted. I keep all my receipts for items i post. So i fax the receipt to paypal and contact them that the buyer did not pay for insurance as he chose not too. They emailed me and said the case was under review. 2 days later i got a reply from paypal stating they are in favour of the buyer and must i give him a refund of $60. Here's a little secret,make sure that when you recieve an item from ebay that you didn't pay to have registered ot tracked, after you get it make sure you put a claim in for a refund with paypal, just state that you didn't recieve it and you will get your item and also your money back. Works Wonders. Give it a try.
    Now as a buyer i currently have a claim of my own, i bought 2 items, paid or 2 items and the seller sent the items in one box, Trying to get $10 back for postage so we'll see who's in favour. i have told them that he gave me one tracking number for 2 items and there still deciding, it ain't much but better in my hands than there's. Just as a seller beware. I am now offereing only registered postage due to these lowlife scum bags called ebay. After i finished selling i'm getting off it which should be by the end of this year and good riddance. Any advice would be appreciated.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates