QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Tuesday, January 22, 2008
I'm Feeling Kinda Itchy
Gotta love winter. Not. There ya go, I did a not joke. So lame.

Anyway, is it really only Tuesday? Christ. It's going to be a long ass fucking week.

Not much to report today. Not in the mood to work - what's new with that. Hating winter, again, what's new with that?

I'm just not inspired today to do anything. For the third time, what's new with that? Only I'm a little bit po'd at the husband. Not really anything major, just a mild irritation. Kind of like a rash that only lasts a day or two then you're over it. That kind of thing. I'm just irritated because every day I have off (Saturday and Sunday) he's busy. Saturday, working at the guitar store with lessons, and Sundays are reserved for church and breakfast with his mom, then he has band practice that is closed this Sunday - no guests allowed so they can get some stuff done. Which means another weekend where we do absolutely nothing because we're not together for any of it. It really wouldn't irritate me so if we didn't discuss last Sunday when he was gone all day and all night that we needed to take a Sunday where it's just us - no church with mom, no band practice, nothing but what we want to do. He suggested making it this Sunday, but I guess he forgot he said that because he didn't mention it when he told me last night about practice on Sunday.

And I'm a little irritated at his mother because she tends to guilt him into the whole church and breakfast thing. She's a wonderful women, don't get me wrong, but if he skips out on it she tends to make him feel like shit about it. And I understand she just wants to spend some time with him I just wish she could do something with him on a weekday when I'm at work and he's at home. I guess I just feel kind of selfish about it right now, but I think I deserve to have him to myself on a Sunday every now and then, right?

I don't know why it's irritating me so. It's not like it hasn't been this way for a while now. I guess it just feels like, somehow, we're starting to slip back into old patterns - where everything else is a priority and we don't make us a priority at all. I can't remember the last time we actually went out and did anything. The problem is that it's not like we haven't had opportunities. It's just when we try to figure out something to do the conversation goes something like this:

Me: What do you want to do tonight
Him: I don't care. What do you want to do?
Me: I don't know. Suggest something.
Him: I can't think of anything.
Me: Me either.

And we stay home. Just once I would like for him to have an opinion. To say - you know, I would really like to do (insert anything here that he would like to do). Or just say something like - I made plans for us tonight. Let's go to X. Unfortunately, we're both so passive aggressive and hate confrontation (yes, me, I can't stand it. Who knew?) that neither of us speak up.

I love the guy, don't get me wrong. And I'm not mad at him. He's just starting to itch me a little in the wrong way. Or it could be that I'm just being overly sensitive today. Which is quite possible.
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:54 AM  
6 Comments:
  • At Tuesday, January 22, 2008 8:47:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well that just plain sucks! Although it's been going on for awhile, sometimes it just seems as if it's just more in the forefront of your mind than other times. Although you hate confrontation, just say something to him about it. Maybe it can be like a divorced parent relationship with a kid...you get him one weekend and Mom gets him the other. However, I agree with you - it'd hurt my feelings too. So with that horrible piece of advice, just know that I'm thinking of ya!

     
  • At Tuesday, January 22, 2008 9:04:00 AM, Blogger Wildsissy said…

    I ****soooo**** know how you feel. My husband and I have not had a dinner together since October. He has been working 7 days a week since right after we both startd our 2nd jobs (he moved his warehouse from Carol Stream to Elgin) so even on Saturdays when I'm home doing nothing, he's at work. Sundays always seem to have something going on, sometimes a birthday party, sometimes a football game, but he always has to be at the boat by 6 so that always cuts anything short. It totally sucks.

     
  • At Tuesday, January 22, 2008 7:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sue, just speak up. I am the same way and am trying to say what I want instead of me leting it build up until I freak out and make it worse.

    He is a good guy and is letting himself get "spread out too thin" or something.

    Good luck chickita, no one said it would be esy.
    I miss chatting with you. Somewhere I have your cell phone number....

    Helen

     
  • At Tuesday, January 22, 2008 7:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry for the typos....

    I am tired and ready for be.

    Yeah, our life is wicked exciting :)

    Helen

     
  • At Tuesday, January 22, 2008 7:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    DUH!

    H

     
  • At Tuesday, January 22, 2008 9:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You, sensitive? Passive aggressive is how I am too sometimes. I act all bad-ass and then feel bad. Yeah, we do that shit too. Maybe he's afraid that if he suggests a place and it turns out not to be fun, that he'll call you on it? I've done that before. Bad me. I like the idea of trading off Sundays. That has got to suck, I mean that's 1 of 2 days you can sleep in together. Hope you find a solution soon. :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates