QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Help! Dennis Birthday...
is coming up. But more about that in a minute...

Holy crap is it cold out! My brain hasn't thawed out yet. It's the kind of cold that slaps you in the face as soon as it hits you. I just have to keep telling myself it won't last forever, it won't last forever, it won't last forever...

So, back to the topic at hand-Dennis' birthday is coming up next Tuesday. His 40th! And I'm just not sure what to do about it. Of course, I ask him and he won't tell me. It would be cool to have a party for him, but I'm not sure who would even come considering the late notice and the distance most of his friends would have to come. I thought about the antique store where they have band practice but Dennis told me this morning that they aren't getting together this weekend due to scheduling conflicts. Which brings me back to my original point - who would come that doesn't already have stuff going on?

Ah, well, I think I'll go out on Saturday while he's teaching guitar and get him a birthday cake and keep it out in the garage until Sunday. Or, if he's going to go to church and breakfast with his mom I could go and get one then. I just feel bad! It's his 40th birthday and I have absolutely no idea what to do for him! I know he would be pissed if I spent any kind of money on him so I know he doesn't want a gift. I guess I could always use the ole standby - sex. That seems to be what he wants the most anyway and always puts a smile on his face! But, it'll have to be something special - and by special I do not mean what you're thinking. Nothing goes in the out door. So, wow. I just don't know! If anybody has any ideas, I'm more than willing to listen!
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:35 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At Wednesday, January 30, 2008 9:07:00 AM, Blogger Wildsissy said…

    Hey girl! Yeah his 40th you should do *something* even if it's just maybe a last minute dinner with some friends on Saturday night.. or whatever. Either that or if you don't mind spending maybe a few hundred take him to Lazy Cloud for a night or two or Sybaris for an afternoon getaway. Both Lazy Cloud and Sybaris usually have last minute deals.. like last weekend for the afternoon getaway on Saturday or Sunday it was like $100!

    www.sybaris.com
    www.lazycloud.com

     
  • At Wednesday, January 30, 2008 9:20:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ooh, I love Lazy Cloud. You can do him in the hot tub. That's pretty special. :o) The Lazy Cloud Lodge is not too far from us and you can take him out to dinner at the Stage Stop or some other place he likes in southern WI.

    The 40th birthday is pretty special. Maybe you can plan a party for him in a couple weeks unless you think that would be too far past his birthday to do anything.

     
  • At Wednesday, January 30, 2008 10:01:00 AM, Blogger suebiedoobie said…

    Never heard of the lazy cloud!

    He would probably kill me if I spent $200 bucks tho. He's been really wanting to watch the money.

    But we did do the Sybaris for our 2nd anniversary. Good to know they have getaways cheap!

    But I think you also have to pay the $50 dollars a year membership too, if I'm not mistaken...

     
  • At Wednesday, January 30, 2008 11:53:00 AM, Blogger Wildsissy said…

    membership is $30 for a year, so you could get away with only spending $130 for a 4 hour afternoon get away from 12:30pm to 4:30pm on Saturday or Sunday. Just a little somethin' somethin' ya know?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates