QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Wednesday, April 02, 2008
It's a Beautiful Morning
Something amazing happened to me this morning. I woke up, everything was as usual. Then, on my way to work, I looked up and there's this big, bright, yellow disk in the sky. I forget what it's called. Wait, I know it, don't tell me.....

The SUN?!?!?!??!

Why, yes, Sue, you imbecile. That is what it is. It's the sun. I just hadn't seen it in so long I forgot what it looked like. But I don't recall it being so bright.

And it's supposed to hit 50 degrees today!! Hallefuckingluya! It's about time. Hey, I might be completely wrong after all and Spring is on it's way. I have been know to be wrong from time to time. Just don't tell anybody.

I was so inspired by the big, bright, yellow thing in the sky that I carried my new spring Coach bag today. I was planning to wait until it's warmer, but what the fuck. I needed to do something today to lift my spirits.

Yesterday something kind of pissed me off. And I'm not mad at the person who said it because I'm sure she didn't mean any harm. But, the comment was made that this person was annoyed with people who screamed "broke" then went out and bought frivolous expensive items. Of course, I understand that statement because it can be annoying. However, I had to point out the obvious - I sold so much stuff over the winter to help pay bills. Like, my bass head for $1300 that I paid $175 bucks for. Or my old Fender JP90 bass that I got $350 bucks for. Or the pedals that I sold. It was Dennis who insisted that I take half of the money I made from that bass head and use it to buy something nice for myself. He didn't have to tell me twice because that's exactly what I did.

Of course, I don't need to justify that to anybody. Except myself. Which is precisely what I'm doing by even bringing it up here. I always get buyers remorse after buying anything - no matter what the price tag says. And you know what? I go to work everyday (well, almost every day - except for scheduled vacation days and days that I'm genuinely sick), pay my bills, etc. so why can't I enjoy a few cool things every now and then? It's not like my kids aren't going to eat because I spent a little money on myself. So, if anybody has a problem with that they can just fuck off!

There. I feel better now!
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:47 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At Wednesday, April 02, 2008 8:51:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You don't need to justify how you spend your money. Yeah, it is annoying when people constantly cry that they are poor and then go out and buy expensive things. But at the end of day, they are the ones that have to live with their choices so why should anybody else care? It doesn't affect anyone else but the person spending the money. If you felt you had the money available to spend on the purse and shoes, that's your choice and don't regret it or feel bad about it!

     
  • At Wednesday, April 02, 2008 9:10:00 AM, Blogger Wildsissy said…

    Woot! I'm so glad you are back Sue!! I missed your blogs... oh and as far as spending ca$h on stuff you want, as you said, you had $$ from selling other things.. and guess what? THAT person isn't paying your bills so what business is it of theirs.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates