QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Thursday, December 13, 2007
Strange Days
Almost Friday. But not quite.

Last night was a very strange night. I got home, got dressed to go to work, and left the house. I'm having to pull over every 15 seconds to let police cars and fire trucks get by me. So, I get to the road I turn on right in front of the restaurant and the police won't let me turn right. All I saw through the smoke was fire trucks and police cars. So, I ask the officer if there's any way for me to get to the restaurant right "over there". He said no, it's going to be blocked up for a long time. I finally pull over into a parking lot of an apartment complex and call work. And here's a snippet of the conversation:

Me: Hey T, I would love to come into work but the police won't let me through.
T: What are you talking about ?
Me: There's fire trucks and police cars all out in front of the restaurant?
T: Oh, that, yea I know - the house across the street is on fire, but what are you talking about coming into work?
Me: T, you asked me last Saturday if I could work tonight.
T: No, I didn't. I just asked if you wanted to come up and hang out for open jam.
Me: What? Hello? I don't know what you've been smoking but you did ask me to work.
T: Why would I do that?
Me: How should I know! You had me, K (the other waitress) and Dennis standing around after work on Saturday and you told me and K you needed somebody on Wednesday. Dennis mentioned that he would be at band practice so I told you I could work. You even went as far as to say that you had no idea what the turnout would be or how much I would make.
T: No I didn't! But, maybe you misunderstood. We aren't going to have any business tonight anyway.
Me: Okay. I guess I'll just go home.
T: You guys coming up later to hang out?
Me: Doubtful. Nobody is getting through and Dennis is busy anyway.
T: Okay. See ya Friday.

So, I got home and I asked Dennis - did I imagine this, her asking me to work last night? Was I really stoned and don't remember? He laughed and said, no, I'm not the stoned one in this scenario. He said, "I was standing right there and, yes, she asked you to come into work on Wednesday.".

So, my sanity hangs on for one more day.
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:40 AM  
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates