QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Monday, December 03, 2007
I Hate my Life
You know how some people have a bad day, while others have a bad week. Or even a bad year? I think I'm having a bad life. If anything could have gone wrong this weekend, it did.

It started out on Friday night with me going into work at my second job. Which, in all honesty, I'm surprised I didn't get fired from. I mean, let's face it. I sometimes believe I am the worst waitress that ever lived. Well, that might not be true, I've had the pleasure of actually having the worst waitress in the known universe serve me before so that can't be true. But, it might be the opinion of a few of my customers on Friday night. I decided, in my infinate wisdom, to take a cold/sinus pill a few hours before my shift. Mistake. Big mistake. As soon as I got there there were tables to be waited on. And my mouth was so fucking dry from the stupid cold pill (for some insane reason they tend to do that to me) that it felt like my tongue was super glued to the roof of my mouth. Anyway, part of the mess of Friday was my fault, part of it wasn't. I'll get to the part that wasn't my fault right now. So, normally I know in the waitressing world you have your section and all the other servers have their section, right? Well, this wasn't the case on Friday. I didn't know where my section even was! The other waitress and the new waitress were working both rooms - smoking and non-smoking so the owner told me to go over and get the two tables that were in the far side of the non-smoking section. So, I did, no big deal. Well, there was a table of four people sitting in the far end of the room and, unbeknownst to me, they hadn't been waited on yet. The other waitress had the table next to it, so I thought that was her section and didn't want to step on any toes, right?

Anyway, I'm getting the salads for one of my tables and the busboy comes up to me and says, "Those four people over there are really getting pissed off because they've been here about 20 minutes and haven't gotten a drink yet.". Great. Then the owner kind of yells at me about it and I'm all confused asking her WHO is working WHERE? To which she replies that the other waitress is working the smoking section - well, okay then WHY is she serving two tables in MY section if that's indeed MY section? *arrrgh*. Okay, I take care of the four people, take their drink order and go off to fill them.

As I'm walking back to their table with their tray of drinks all of a sudden the affects from the sinus/cold pill start doing their magic. I got completely dizzy and lightheaded and before I know it I'm spilling a drink all over the guy sitting at the neglected table. Fucking great. I kind of freaked out, went and got a towel and gave it to him to wipe himself off. Apologized profusely, and went off to replace their spilled drinks. At that point I came so close to just walking up to the owner and telling her, hey, I can't do this. I gave it a shot. I really had fun the past few weeks, but fire me now if you must. She didn't.

Anyway, I'm not as optimistic about this whole situation as I was a week ago.

Then I had Saturday off because Dennis was playing in Barrington, right? Well, that got cancelled due to the crappy weather. Which was fine because I pretty much felt like shit and didn't really feel like going out anyway. So, we stayed home, ordered pizza and watched a movie.

Sunday, obviously sucked ass because the Bears fucking lost. Again.

Then this morning was the absolute highlight of the weekend off. As I'm backing out of the garage this morning all of a sudden *crrrrrash*. Yes, Dennis car was parked behind mine in the garage and I wasn't used to it being there and smashed right into the front of his car. He now needs to have a lens and headlight replaced as well as having his grill straightened out. How fucking stupid is that to do? And why the fuck didn't I look back as I was backing out? Because I was in a fucking hurry because I was running late because I slept an extra five minutes this morning.

Dear God, tell me life gets better? Please?

posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:42 AM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates