QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Back to Work
So, here I am, back at work after 6 days off.

And I have a ton of shit to do. No big surprise there, right?

The holiday was good. Went to the mother in law's house and ate turkey. Worked Friday night, put up Christmas decorations on Saturday, worked Saturday night, watched football and had filet mignon and crab legs for dinner, and did absolutely nothing yesterday. And that's my weekend in a nutshell.




And there's my lovely tacky artificial Christmas tree. And it should be of no surprise that I'm all into artificial trees, right? Yea, I know where you're going with that.


Football Sunday was great. Of course, it's only because the Bears won a game. Now, let's see if they can finally go two in a row! Cedric Benson is out with an injury for the rest of the season, which sucks, but doesn't break my heart. I think they need to do something about that position anyway. And I would sit here and complain about Rex Grossman but I really can't. Yea, he started off pretty fucking shitty Sunday, but he finished it off and pulled one out of his ass. All I can say is Devin Hester - what a fucking incredible football player that guy is. You can't help but watch and get excited every time he gets the ball.

Anyway, I hope everybody had a great holiday but I have a stack of shit on my desk to get started on.
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:43 AM  
9 Comments:
  • At Tuesday, November 27, 2007 8:26:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your Christmas tree isn't tacky at all! I think it looks beautiful. Who wants to spend at least $100 on a decent real tree you have to worry about watering and all the needles that shed all over? Certainly not me! Artificial trees are the way to go nowadays, especially with how nice they are.

    Yeah, I wasn't crying either when they said on the news last night that Cedric Benson is out on injury the rest of the season. He pretty much sucks anyway. Let's see how Adrian Peterson does in his place. OMG, Devin Hester was phenomenal! The Bears better make sure they keep paying him enough money! That game was awesome too. What a nail biter! They sure got lucky. Really lucky. Hopefully next week they can beat the Giants!

     
  • At Tuesday, November 27, 2007 8:55:00 AM, Blogger Wildsissy said…

    Hey Sue! I like the tree! It looks really nice! In fact, can you come over and put mine up?

    How did you do at the 2nd job this weekend? I'm guaging wheather or not to quit the boat off of your tips at the steak house! lol!

     
  • At Tuesday, November 27, 2007 9:45:00 AM, Blogger suebiedoobie said…

    Last weekend wasn't good at all. It was DEEEEEAAAAAAD. I think that's probably due to the holiday weekend.

    It's going okay. Not happy about last weekend's take, tho.

     
  • At Tuesday, November 27, 2007 10:30:00 AM, Blogger Wildsissy said…

    yeah it was dead at the boat too.. the boat was busy but the bar was slow. There was a band on Wed, Fri, and Saturday and all three nights most of the people that came in just ordered a beer or 1 drink, really no food. The regulars that normally come in to eat didn't come in because it was too loud and smokey! I wound up being sent home on Wed and Thurs nights because it was too slow and then Friday and Saturday after tipping out the bartenders/barback I only made $75 each night.

     
  • At Tuesday, November 27, 2007 10:52:00 AM, Blogger suebiedoobie said…

    Sounds like you did better than me!

    I made about 40 bucks on Friday and about 75 on Saturday.

    I had a total of 2 tables on Friday (that was IT) and I had 4 on Saturday. And two of those weren't drinking and just got appetizers. *ugh*

     
  • At Tuesday, November 27, 2007 2:45:00 PM, Blogger Wildsissy said…

    ughh I wrote another long comment back and it didn't save it! I just realized that! not good.. anyway.. it basically said that I was making maybe a $1-$2 per table because everybody was just buying a beer or one drink here and there.. so I worked my arse off for those $75 each night. Especially having to wait for at least a few minutes every drink to get a bartender to take care of me. Customers at the bar come first! I would have much rathered had 4 tables that I could pay attention to and give good service to and make $75 vs working my arse off for most everybody to think I was just blowing them off because I was standing at the bar forever waiting for a bartender.

     
  • At Tuesday, November 27, 2007 3:30:00 PM, Blogger suebiedoobie said…

    Yea, I can totally see that. Standing around waiting for a bartender can't be fun.

     
  • At Wednesday, November 28, 2007 10:33:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ooh, I used to HATE cocktailing! Half the time I ended up just making my own drinks because I was tired of waiting for the bartender. Then I felt like she hated me for it because I was invading her bar. NOT fun at all!

     
  • At Thursday, November 29, 2007 11:18:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Oh, I love your tree! Yours looks so full and bright. Mine has lots less decorations.

    looks good.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates