QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Co-Worker Out Sick
Great. Just peachy. New co-worker is out today with a sick kid. As if I didn't have enough of my own work to do.

Oh well. That's the way it goes I guess. I'm amazed - I still have 3.5 days left of vacation! I usually have them all spent long before Labor Day. Now I just have to figure out how to spend them! I need to find out when Dennis won't be working and have a day off with him. Maybe do something fun, who knows. I think it should be a Monday since I have to work Friday and Saturday nights now. And I think I'll do it right after Thanksgiving - yea, I'll take one day the Monday following Thanksgiving and take that day to do my Christmas decorating. Yea, that's it, that's what I'll do.

I forgot to mention in my entry yesterday about an incident that I noticed while at the grocery store Sunday. There was a woman standing in line in front of me with, I'm not sure - could have been her friend, sister, daughter, who knows. Anyway, the woman had a brand new leather Coach bag (I looked it up - it's the exact same one she had for $528 dollars) with new leather Coach boots (Again, I looked them up - $528 dollars) and wearing Seven for All Mankind jeans. Anyway, I know exactly what they were because here's the conversation she had with the girl she was with:

Woman 1: I still can't believe I bought the bag and the boots yesterday!
Woman 2: I can't either! Let me see the boots again.
Woman 1: Pulls up her jeans a little exposing the boots.
Woman 2: Those are so cool! I can't wait until I can afford a pair.
Woman 1: I know! The purse and boots set me back an entire weeks salary, but so worth it.
(Woman 1 must make about $1,100 a week)
Woman 2: I think I'm going to go back this weekend and buy the wallet! Oh, and I need to go to Nordstroms and get another pair of jeans. I really love these jeans.
Woman 1: Blah
Woman 2: Blah

And this is all fine and good. I mean, if you have the money to spend on it, why not, right? Well, not so fast. They get through the checkout line with a food bill of $185 dollars and guess what? She hands the checker FOOD STAMPS! I was shocked. So, we know from her conversation that she makes at least $1,100 a week, buys expensive clothes and bags, but uses food stamps to pay for her groceries? Oh, wait, there's more to the conversation:

Woman 1: We better take it easy this week on the food. I don't get more stamps for a couple weeks.

Now, I ask you, what the fuck is this world coming to?
posted by suebiedoobie @ 8:02 AM  
6 Comments:
  • At Tuesday, November 13, 2007 8:31:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You must be kidding about the lady in the grocery store, but I know you are not. How in the hell can someone scam the government, and us, like that. We are paying for her basic necessities while she is buying accessories that I cannot afford - at all! Someone like that should be turned in and made to pay restitution. I could go on and on about how I feel regarding this. It really pisses me off!

     
  • At Tuesday, November 13, 2007 8:36:00 AM, Blogger suebiedoobie said…

    I hear ya!!

    It took everything I had to NOT slap the shit out of her.

    And, no, I'm NOT kidding.

     
  • At Tuesday, November 13, 2007 10:15:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It really just makes me want to slap the dogsnot out of people. We see it all the time here too.

     
  • At Tuesday, November 13, 2007 3:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I didn't think they used foodstamps anymore. I thought it was like a debit card now???
    Most cases of people who get them don't need them. So sad!

     
  • At Wednesday, November 14, 2007 7:53:00 AM, Blogger suebiedoobie said…

    I'm not sure what she handed them - it might have been a card, I don't know. I didn't get a good look at it. But, they did mention food stamps which is why I said that.

    Who knows. all I know is the bitch is getting assistance but obviously doesn't need it.

     
  • At Wednesday, November 14, 2007 3:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG, that shit annoys the heck out of me.

    Years ago, I worked in a health food store. A girl came in using foods. That's all fine and good, but then she leaves in BRAND NEW CAR.

    Hello?? At the time I was making peanuts and driving a used car that I drove until it literally died.

    Ready your post makes me FUME.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates