QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Saturday, October 06, 2007
Bears Beat the Pack!
Wow, lot's to talk about today! The Mojo Cannon show was last Friday night, the Bears won last night, and it was actually a pretty eventful weekend for once.

I'm still in total shock over the nail biter of a football game last night between my beloved Chicago Bears and our rival, the Green Bay Packers.

They won 27 to 20 and only had one turnover! That has to be a record for Chicago. Griese actually played really good (considering how Chicago quarterbacks go), but the honors have to go to Tillman with his two forced fumbles resulting in Chicago first downs. The win wasn't decided until the last second of the game when Favre threw the hail Mary down the field and McGowan of the Bears intercepted it in the end zone. It's always a good day when the Bears win against the Packers in Lambau Field.


I did something on Friday I never thought I would do. Or have the guts to do. Of course, I can't just tell you, that would be too easy. I have to lead into it. As if you would expect anything differently. I made Dennis an appointment sight unseen for a haircut in a place right in town, 2 minutes from our house. Nothing strange about that, but the rest of this might surprise you. After leaving work at 2:00 last Friday and looking in my rear view mirror, I actually shrieked when I saw the condition of my own hair. It kind of looked like Medusa meets Don King. Not good. So, I called the place where I set Dennis' appointment and asked if they could get me in too at the same time. It was about 15 minutes notice and they said, "Yea, sure, come on in.". So I did. Now, I've never gone into anyplace for a haircut or anything else without at least a recommendation but I thought, what the hell, it can't look any worse than it does right now, right? Well, to my utter surprise and shock it actually turned out to be one of the best haircuts I've gotten in a long long time. And the price was right too! Thirty four dollars for a cut. And she quoted me $110 for 2 color highlights with a cut! That sure beats the $200 dollars I spent, twice, from April to July. I mean, don't get me wrong, I really like the girl that did it the last time and really liked the color a whole lot the second time around - I just can't afford to spend $200 bones every time I need it colored - which is about once every two months. I took the shot and it turned out great. Now, next, let's see how good she is at color....

The show went absolutely GREAT last Friday night. I had the best time! The guys played their asses off and now I'm so fucking anxious for them to record this shit already. I need to load it into my Zen so I can listen whenever I want. They had the crowd from their first song to their last song. Dennis sang his ass off, Jimmy banged the shit out of those drums, and Guy did a great thumping job on the bass. I just can't wait for them to play again! I think they should play every single fucking weekend just so I can get me a Mojo Canon fix.

Here's a couple pictures from the show (in addition to the funky band shot above):

Me and Cindy Lou

For more pictures from Friday night's show, click here: www.sueweber.com/mojocannon/index.html

posted by suebiedoobie @ 10:26 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At Monday, October 08, 2007 9:14:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I noticed your hair looked really good on Friday I just forgot to tell you! Mojo Cannon sounded great. Make sure you post with dates and locations of their future gigs. I had a really good time. Thanks for inviting me.

     
  • At Monday, October 08, 2007 9:28:00 AM, Blogger suebiedoobie said…

    Glad you came out!

    And as soon as I know, I'll be posting! I think they have something in November, but I'm not sure when or where.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates