QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Thursday, September 27, 2007
I Love Quiet Time
Wow, I get into work today and it's so quiet you could hear a pin drop. Or would that be a pen? Not sure, but I know this - I just dropped my pen and I could hear it. So there.

I'm all alone in the office right now. But I'm sure that won't last long. Within the next hour the phone will be ringing, the boss will show up, co-workers will file in and my nice, quiet sanctity will be all but forgotten.

Dennis is home sick today. He woke up in the middle of the night throwing up. Gross. At least he knows how to hit the toilet. And, if he doesn't, he's home today to clean up the mess! No, I'm not heartless, just realistic. I hope he feels better soon. When I left he was snoozing in the bed and looked pretty content. I hated to leave him there all alone but, unfortunately, I took a day off on Tuesday so I'm pretty much stuck here the rest of the week.

Our anniversary is tomorrow. And he wants to know what I want for an anniversary present. He's not big on surprising me - mostly because I'm so fucking picky that he's afraid he'll fuck it up. The problem is I have no idea what the hell I want. I already shopped last weekend and got everything I need so I'm at a loss. Which, by the way, never happens. There's always something I want or need. What I really want is a laptop computer but I think that's a tad out of his price range. I could use a new monitor, though. Mine is very old and the colors are fading and shit. I guess my next stop is the Best Buy website to see what those suckers cost.
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:37 AM  
7 Comments:
  • At Thursday, September 27, 2007 10:25:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    19" LCD monitors are around $200. I have a Samsung at home and I really like it.

    Poor Dennis. :( (((Dennis)))

    My laptop was free. Can't beat that! My BIL got it from his work.

     
  • At Thursday, September 27, 2007 10:48:00 AM, Blogger suebiedoobie said…

    Yea, I want a new laptop but I don't need it to do much.

    Both of our computers are upstairs. I just want a laptop for surfing the net from downstairs and burning DVD's and stuff.

    I would rather take the money for a monitor and put it towards a laptop for later on.

     
  • At Thursday, September 27, 2007 11:53:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Get A laptop..I got a Hp from bestbuy ..a big good one for $800 with tax. I surf on the couch and in bed. You need a wireless router as well to do that.

     
  • At Thursday, September 27, 2007 12:02:00 PM, Blogger suebiedoobie said…

    I don't wanna spend 800 bucks on one. I'm way too cheap for that!! *S*

     
  • At Thursday, September 27, 2007 1:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You can get a laptop for $400-$500 at buy.com, globalcomputer.com, and amazon.com. Find a model you like on these sites in your price range and go to pricegrabber.com and it'll find you the best deal for that model. Also, check eBay and computer resale shops if you don't mind getting a used one. Of course, people do sell new ones on eBay too. Best Buy is not usually the "best buy". :)

    I totally understand the reason behind getting a laptop. I wanted one so I can sit on the couch and watch TV while I'm on the computer. Besides, Mike hogs the desktop all the time and I never get a chance to use the computer when he's around. Not that I'm complaining that much. I'm on the computer all day at work so I don't really want to be on it when I get home.

    Good luck! Hope you can find a good deal. Christmas is coming so maybe they'll have a big sale somewhere soon.

     
  • At Thursday, September 27, 2007 1:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Here's one I found at buy.com for $459.99 with free shipping. And you can get $10 off if you use Google checkout as long as you are a new customer. I got my LCD monitor from Buy.com and I was pleased with the order.

    http://www.buy.com/prod/acer-travelmate-laptop-computer-2480-2968-laptop-notebook-intel/q/loc/101/204389942.html

     
  • At Thursday, September 27, 2007 2:21:00 PM, Blogger suebiedoobie said…

    Thanks Cindy!!

    I appreciate that!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates