QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Thursday, July 05, 2007
Milwaukee Summerfest
Holy fuck am I tired this morning!

Could be because I only got about 3 and a half hours of sleep last night. We went to Milwaukee's Summerfest yesterday and saw the Black Crowes. Of course, they didn't start until 10:00pm so I knew it would be a late night.

We left the house at about 4:00 so we could stop and get something to eat on the way. You know how these festivals are - a bunch of crap junk food that is way fucking overpriced. We went to the Brat Stop in Kenosha, which is this huge ass place that has bands on weekends and has pretty good food. We get to Milwaukee at about 6:00 and as we're headed into downtown we see lots that are advertising for parking so Dennis stops in the first one we see. The only problem is, it's about a mile from the venue. And the real pisser is that there was parking available a hell of a lot closer. No problem, we walk it, no big deal. Only, I forgot to bring my no heel shoes and I'm in my fucking heels so I have to walk around all fucking day long in these things. To my utter amazement, it wasn't so bad. The walk to the venue was the worst thing since you can't stop. But, once we got in, got a beer, and sat down my feet weren't so bad.

However, it's only 6:30 by this time and the band we want to see doesn't start until 10:00 so we have about 3 and a half hours to kill. Which is the same amount of time I got to sleep last night - ironic, no? Anyway, we walk around and check out some of the other bands, and check out all the little market places they have along the way. And I was a good girl and didn't buy anything there - I need to save my money after spending $200 bucks on my hair on Monday (yea, I know, I already vented about that). By this time we're getting pretty fucking bored and are doubting if we will actually stay long enough to see the Black Crowes. We suck it up and stick it out and stay until they play. It wasn't so bad - the venue is right by Lake Michigan so we went and sat on the rocks by the driving range and people watch. And, let me tell you, is about the most interesting thing about the whole experience.

We finally see Chris Robinson and the Black Crowes at 10:00 sharp. And, really, that shocked me too because bands almost never go on stage on time. But, they did. We only stayed for a little over an hour of the show because we still had that hour long walk back to the car and the hour long drive home. Actually, it only took us an hour to walk to the car because we had to take baby steps due to my aching feet by this time. And, to make it worse, we weren't absolutely sure where the fuck we even parked! Luckily, we found our way to our car and made it home by 1:00am and hit the sack.

The Black Crowes were pretty good actually. Chris sang pretty good, but I think all the touring might be getting to him because he tended to yell a lot of the lyrics instead of singing them. But, all in all it was good to see them live.

Anybody got any Tylenol? Advil? Marijuana? Morphine? It's gonna be a long ass fucking day.
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:56 AM  
7 Comments:
  • At Thursday, July 05, 2007 8:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, you had quite the long day yesterday! And here I was complaining that we didn't get home until 11:00 after the fireworks because we sat in the crowded parking lot afterwards for over a half hour. So we left home at 8:30 and got home at 11:00 (2.5 hours) for a 1/2 hour fireworks show.

    *yawn*

     
  • At Thursday, July 05, 2007 8:27:00 AM, Blogger suebiedoobie said…

    What city's fireworks show did you go to Cindy?

     
  • At Thursday, July 05, 2007 11:25:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Round Lake

     
  • At Thursday, July 05, 2007 12:07:00 PM, Blogger suebiedoobie said…

    *aaahhhh*

    I thought there would be fireworks at Summerfest but I didn't see any.

    I think that Fox Lake's fireworks are this Saturday.

     
  • At Thursday, July 05, 2007 3:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yup, Fox Lake's are on Saturday. I can't go to them because of Hannah's party. Are you coming? I didn't get a response on the evite from you so I was just wondering. I hope you can make it! If not, I'll see ya on Sunday for the WW event. That should be really fun.

     
  • At Thursday, July 05, 2007 3:23:00 PM, Blogger suebiedoobie said…

    I thought I responded?

    We can't make it. Dennis had already committed us to do something with his mom in the afternoon, then we have a party to go to that evening.

    I wonder what happened to my response? Sorry about that!!

     
  • At Thursday, July 05, 2007 10:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tis OK. :o) Have a good time Saturday and I'll see you on Sunday then.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates