QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Luck...
Are you feeling lucky?

I watched an episode of 20/20 last Friday that dealt with luck. If you watched that particular episode, you can skip my blog entry for today.

Do you believe in luck? Do you think that your successes or failures have anything at all due to luck or do we make our own luck? And since when has luck become such a bad thing? If you ask anybody that has accomplished anything if luck had anything to do with it chances are you'll hear a very offended response. Case in point - there was one very successful actress from the 40's that had told a reporter that she was just lucky. She was at the right place at the right time and there are thousands of others that would have gotten the opportunity that she did had they been at that specific place and time that she was. But, ask Jessica Alba if she was lucky in her career and she'll tell you it's because she's talented.

Have we become a society so hell bent on control that we feel we control everything in our lives - the good and the bad? Maybe. But how much does luck play into it? Am I unlucky because we're going through some rough times this past year? Or am I lucky because it could be much worse? Or have I submitted to my own destiny by the path that I have chosen?

I think it's 50/50. We're all given a certain amount of luck in our lives - what we do with that luck is more to do with skill. Either we take those opportunities as they appear, or we don't and it's either good luck that we did, or good luck if we didn't.

Will we find more luck if we move to another state or will we find that luck is only what we make of it and we'll be no more better off if we stay?

So many questions and not many answers. I guess I'm just lucky that I have a job for right now and I'm lucky that I hooked up with a great guy. Or, maybe I'm unlucky that I missed out on an even better opportunity because I think I'm lucky with what I have.

Fuck. I don't know. I think I'm still stoned from last night.
posted by suebiedoobie @ 9:27 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates