QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Wednesday, June 13, 2007
What's Fun to You?
Would somebody please please please come to work for me today so I can go home and go back to bed? I'll pay you. I'll cook for you (although, I'm not the greatest cook in the world). Hell, I'll even clean your house! I just really want to go home and go back to bed.

I'm so freakin' tired this morning. I screwed up last night. I washed all the dirty blankets and sheets in the house last night. And, when I put my favorite blanket in the dryer I messed up and the dryer was set to delicate. I couldn't figure out why, after being in the dryer for over an hour, that the fucking blanket was still damp. Then, in my foggy haze of wanting desperately to go to bed at 11:00, it finally dawned on me that the dryer wasn't heating up. Ummm, yea, I'm a dumbass. So, I finally turned the heat on the highest setting but still had to wait about 40 minutes for the thing to finish drying. And I can't sleep without my favorite blanket. Which, really, is way more sad than the fact that I'm trying to dry it without heat. I love my blanket. Leave me alone!

So, the boss is still out today but should be back either late this afternoon or tomorrow. I'm voting for tomorrow. It's always a pain in the ass when he's been out for a few days and comes back in. Everything that he needs us to do is given to us in a lump sum, and, of course, has to be done right away. I guess complaining is a stupid thing to do, since it's the nature of the beast and I know it's not intentional.

I'm so looking forward to the weekend. Not because we have exciting things planned (as if) but just because I want two days where I can sleep past 5:00am. And, hopefully, Dennis will have some time off this weekend (not holding my breath) and we can do something fun.

Do something fun. I've considered this for a while. And I've come to the conclusion that there really is very little to do that is, by definition, fun. But what is the definition of fun? Dictionary.com describes fun as:

fun /fn/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[fuhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, funned, fun·ning, adjective
–noun
1. something that provides mirth or amusement: A picnic would be fun.
2. enjoyment or playfulness: She's full of fun. –verb (used without object), verb (used with object)
3. Informal. joke; kid. –adjective
4. Informal. of or pertaining to fun, esp. to social fun: a fun thing to do; really a fun person.
5. Informal. whimsical: flamboyant: The fashions this year are definitely on the fun side. —Idioms
6. for or in fun, as a joke; not seriously; playfully: His insults were only in fun.
7. like fun, Informal. certainly not; of doubtful truth: He told us that he finished the exam in an hour. Like fun he did!
8. make fun of, to make the object of ridicule; deride: The youngsters made fun of their teacher.
[Origin: 1675–85; dial. var. of obs. fon to befool. See
fond1]
—Synonyms 1, 2. merriment, pleasure, play, gaiety.


So, according to dictionary.com a picnic is fun. Really? The last picnic I went to involved bugs, forgotten silverware, rain, and me sneezing uncontrollably for two days after due to all the chemicals they put on the grass in the park. Yea, that's fun alright. And did they even mention anything that is actually fun to do? Nope. So, that does me no good at all.

I remember as a kid, everything was fun. You could always find fun things to do. As an adult, when the evening comes, it's really hard to find something fun to do. I mean, I'm too old to go roller skating, I would rather stick knives in my eyeballs than go bowling. Movies are okay - but I would really rather watch a movie at home where I have pause when I need to go pee. There's always bars, but, you know, I'm over the whole bar phase in my life. Seriously, what else is there?

What is your definition of fun?
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:42 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At Wednesday, June 13, 2007 10:01:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My idea of fun is having friends over having food and drinks and laughs.

    Also, just going to camp, taking boat rides, food, drinks, good books and hanging out with Jim and friends.

    I must be "grown up".

    Years ago, my idea of fun was more self destructive I think!!!!

     
  • At Wednesday, June 13, 2007 10:06:00 AM, Blogger suebiedoobie said…

    I hear that Helen!!!

     
  • At Wednesday, June 13, 2007 1:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I guess I'm still young enough to have fun or maybe I just have the energy. You should have seen me playing with all the kids at my company picnic on Saturday at Arlington Park. I was playing Ring Around the Rosies and Duck Duck Goose. Plus I was walking around in the grass on all fours with Hannah on my back like I was a horse and I was rolling down and running down a hill. I felt like a kid again.

    I have so much more energy lately since I've been working out so much. It feels great to be able to keep up with the kids. I still like to get outside and do team sports when I can get a team together or go bowling or play cards/games inside. I love going to Great America too.

    But I agree with Helen that just hanging out with friends or even watching a movie snuggled up with your DH at home is fun. It doesn't have to involve much of anything. Just do what makes you happy. Fun is all relative.

     
  • At Wednesday, June 13, 2007 1:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My idea of fun???? Are you serious?

    Reading your blog everyday! What else answer would I have....it's not like life is that exciting if you know what I mean

    Virginia aka excelling

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates