QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Monday, June 11, 2007
Volo Auto Museum
I fucking hate Mondays. I really do. Especially ones that start out the way this one did. Or, I should say, how the Sunday before this Monday ended. More on that later.

I have an incredible headache this morning. All I'm hearing in my head right now is pound pound pound...and I would have called in sick but my boss and his wife are both out, and if I wouldn't have come in today my co-worker would have had to spend Monday in the office alone. Which would have no doubt been something that would have set her off against me in the worst of fashions.

So, here I am at work. The first thing I had to do when I got in today was use the bathroom. Now, our office doesn't officially open until 8:30. So, here it was, 7:25 and the phone is ringing while I'm peeing. So, I ignore it. Does it stop? No. They immediately hang up and call again. And I still don't answer it. So, they hang up yet again and call back yet again. So, I finally answer it. It's some client wanting to talk to my boss right now. I told her

Me: Number 1 - we don't open until 8:30. Number 2 - the boss isn't in until Thursday.

So, she starts asking me all these questions about her son's policy and I explain to her:

Me: That, again, number 1 - we don't open until 8:30.

Does this discourage her enough to say:

Asshole Client: You know, I'll call back at 8:30 when your office is open.

No. She keeps going on and on saying stuff like

Asshole Client: If you look at his policy...

to which I cut her off and reply:

Me: Well, I can't look at her policy since I don't even have my computer turned on yet.
Asshole Client: I'll wait
Me: Sorry, you'll have to call back at 8:30 when we are open.
Asshole Client: I'll speak to Mark about this at 8:30.
Me: Again, he's out of the office until Thursday.
Asshole Client: *click*

Okay, whatever. Great start to a Monday morning with a throbbing headache.

So, we went out to dinner on Friday night, stayed home Saturday since Dennis had to work all day Saturday and was exhausted beyond belief. But, the good thing is that we have all day Sunday, right? Well, after he gets back from Church with his Mom and after he cleans up and mows the lawn. So, all went well until he starts to mow the lawn and, you guessed it, the lawn mower takes a crap. He decided, fuck it, I'll have to get a new mower this week and mow it next weekend. Which I'm fine with. So what, the backyard's grass is long for a week.

We decided to venture over to the Volo Auto Museum, which was actually pretty cool. When you first walk in, they have the Delorean from Back to the Future side by side with the ambulance from Ghostbusters. And, of course, they had the casket car that Grandpa Munster drove in The Munsters. My two favorite movie cars were one of the Shelby's (Eleanor) from Gone in Sixty Seconds - now that was awesome! And Christine - the old Plymouth Fury from the movie Christine. They had one of the "Kit" cars from the David Hasselhoff classic "Knight Rider" and the Ferrari from Miami Vice.

In addition to a ton of movie cars, they had a lot of classic cars for sale. I mean, 4 showrooms full of cherried out classic cars. I think the most expensive of the cars was a Corvette from the 50's going for $189,000 dollars. They had a ton of old classic Camero's, Z28's, Mustangs, Cadillacs, GTO's, Challengers, Chargers, even a Dart Swinger. Next time I go I'm taking a camera with me because I really want a picture of me next to Eleanor!

But, somewhere between Eleanor and Christine I got a massive migraine headache. All of a sudden I noticed I was having problems reading the price tags on the cars. I would see one number, but not the next. And I knew right away what was happening. And I also knew that it would only last about 20 minutes so I didn't say anything to Dennis and we kept walking and looking. This time, the migraine wasn't directed to just one eye - it was in both and it was the worst one yet. I finally clued Dennis in to what was happening and we had to sit down outside until it passed. It finally did, and we got our butts home before the bad headache started. I wound up puking my guts out at around 4:00 and fell asleep at about 5:00. I got up around 8:00 and we finally had some dinner and I went immediately back to sleep. So much for a nice Sunday, huh?

I still feel "hung over" from the migraine and have a slight headache. Pray for me, today, that the migraine doesn't return. I just wish they would go away and stay away. But, the chances of that happening just aren't going to happen I don't think. Probably time to see another doctor *FUCK*
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:48 AM  
3 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates