QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Thursday, June 07, 2007
Spaghetti Recipe
I decided to post it here too, so if I ever lose the recipe or I wind up covering it in sauce I'll still have it!

3/4 lbs extra lean ground beef (sirloin)
cooking spray
1 1/2 cups diced onions
1 1/2 cups diced green bell peppers
1 cup diced red bell peppers
1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup sugar (Splenda)
2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes, undrained
1 (14 ½) ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
2 (14 ½) Ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained (I use Italian style)
14 cups hot cooked spaghetti (about 1 3/4 pounds uncooked pasta

(I only make a couple cups of pasta because I freeze the rest of the sauce for later)

1. Cook the meat in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain meat well, and set aside. Wipe out pan with a paper towel, and coat with cooking spray.

2. Place the pan over medium-high heat until hot. Add the diced onion, diced bell peppers, diced red peppers, mushrooms and minced garlic, and sauté 10 minutes or until tender. Drain vegetables. Return meat and vegetables to pan, and stir in dried oregano, salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper. Cook mixture over medium-high heat 5 minutes. Add sugar (I use Splenda), crushed and stewed tomatoes, tomato paste, diced tomatoes to pan, and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour or until sauce is thick. Serve the meat sauce over pasta.

I omitted the onion and mushroom, just because I don’t like ‘em! I also added about a ½ a can (14 ½ oz can) of water to make it a little less thick.
posted by suebiedoobie @ 10:29 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates