QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Thursday, May 24, 2007
Thursday is the New Friday
Well, for me anyway. Since I'm off tomorrow, Saturday, Sunday and Monday! You'll have to do without my daily post blogsters.

NOTICE: Spoiler Alert!

There. Can't say I didn't warn ya.

So, one was voted off the Lost island, while one was crowned American Idol.

Let's start with Idol. I didn't watch the whole thing. Or the end. Which is silly, but that's how it went down. We went out for a while last night and I'm thinking no big deal, right? I have this new DVR from Dish Networks and I won't miss a thing. Wrong! We get back home and it was about 8:45 so I scream through all of American Idol to get to the big finish. I didn't care about seeing all the previous idols sing, and I would stop every now and then just to see that everybody and I mean everybody who performed last night pretty much sucked. I think it might have something to do with the sound system, the room, or all the champagne they were probably downing before going out to perform. Take your pick. But everybody sounded off! I was excited to see Bette Midler, but she even sounded like an injured duck out there.

Anyway, I get to the point where all the past idols do their group sing-a-long and as soon as it was finished - poof. End of the show. I'm like, what the fuck? Who won this crazy thing and why didn't it finish recording? Then it dawned on me - American Idol ran over its allotted slot. It went past 9:00pm and, well, DVR's are great but they are pretty fucking stupid too. They don't know that the show isn't over. Now, had I still had Tivo I could have padded the ending with an extra 5, 15, or 30 minutes - even an hour I think. But, this ain't Tivo and I had to go up on my computer to find out who fucking won. Like I didn't already know it would be Jordin. Like her tears on Tuesday weren't enough to seal the deal.

On to Lost. I cried when it was over last night. It was a great finale, but what brought the water works was that there won't be any new episodes until 2008! A whole fucking year (almost). I think that's a huge mistake, but what do I know? By then the world could have changed and nobody will care anymore. I mean, come on! Bring it on in the Fall, take a hiatus if you must, then bring it back. But don't cheat us out of 1/2 a season. That's just bogus!

I found it extremely sad that Charlie actually did drown. But, I guess that's the way it was supposed to be. I didn't like it, but oh well. I found it very cool, however, that the French woman was reunited with her daughter. And that Hugo saved the day in that big old hoopty van and ran over the remaining others.

Okay, so Jacks backstory, futurestory, whatever it was was kind of odd. I knew right away it had to be in the future, after they were "rescued". But who was in the coffin? I think it was Ben. What I didn't get, though, was when he was talking to the chief surgical resident that he said to bring his father down and see if he was more drunk than he was. Okay, dude, your dad is dead, last we knew. Or is he? Who the fuck knows. All I know is that Jack becomes a drugged out, alcoholic asshole upon his return. Which, really, shouldn't surprise me - like father like son and all that shit. And what was with Loche seeing Walt? And who the fuck were they talking to at the other end of that satellite phone? And why the fuck shouldn't they ever leave the island? And, furthermore, why would some of them want to leave - especially Kate. One would think that she would immediately be arrested upon her rescue since she is, still, a wanted fugitive. Ah, well, so much still doesn't make any sense at all and I must resign myself to the fact that it probably never will.

I just can't believe we have a whole fucking year to see a new episode!

But, on a positive note - Rescue Me starts again soon. But, really, I should make it a point to get out more this summer and do shit other than sitting in front of a fucking TV.

Alright, I hope everybody has a great Memorial Day Weekend. Don't drink and party too much now. Oh, fuck it. Drink, party, and make the most of it!
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:46 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At Thursday, May 24, 2007 9:12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like I missed a lot in the Lost finale. We went out for ice cream last night so I missed it. I did catch the very end of the episode with Jack and Kate in the future after being rescued. That was very weird. I need to watch the last few episodes online to see what's been going on because I haven't watched it in a few weeks. I just kinda lost interest in it this season. I really hate the others so I guess that's why I didn't like this season very much. I'm sad that they killed off Charlie. What a bummer! I hope next season is better otherwise they are going to lose me as a viewer.

    I had FX on last night watching The Goodfellas and they had some previews for Rescue Me. Apparently Tommy is ok (obviously he wasn't going to die in the fire) because they showed him in the preview holding a baby (presumably the one she was pregnant with last year) talking to Janet about their oldest daughter. I hope they are back together and he stays the fuck away from psycho Sheila. I am so excited for the new season to start. It is so rough going this long without it!

     
  • At Thursday, May 24, 2007 11:25:00 AM, Blogger suebiedoobie said…

    Then you woulda loved it last night - a bunch of others get killed!!

    I really do not like Janet. She's all me me me me all the time. And sheila's just psycho!

    I can't wait for it to start!

     
  • At Thursday, May 24, 2007 1:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, I know what you mean about Janet. But the two of them have such great chemistry together that it's so entertaining watching them. Maybe they'll bring someone new into the picture. It was cool having Marisa Tomei on there last year until Janet ruined it.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates