QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Thursday, May 17, 2007
Breaking Up Is Hard to Do
Dear Tivo,

I think it's time we had a little talk. I don't want to hurt you, we've been together for a long long time but I think it's time we ended things.

You've been good to me, you've always been there and have never let me down and for that I am grateful. But, lately, I've been noticing more and more your inadequacies. This has been coming for a long time and I wish we could have discussed it and come to a better understanding of what our needs are in this relationship.

You haven't been playing nice lately with the newest additions to our expanding family. When HDTV came into our home you were downright rude. Refusing to record in high definition and dissing HDTV by replaying everything in Standard Definition. This has caused a great deal of angst and pain in our family. We tried to get you to change, but you would only change at your unGodly high cost. I'm sorry but I can't pay you the $799 dollars that you so desperately want in order to play nice with HDTV. You forced us into using that crappy Comcast DVR. We didn't want to because we love you but we had no choice.

Then, last week when Mr. Dish came into our household you did it again. You refused to even acknowledge his presence. You wouldn't even talk to it. You just pretended it wasn't there. I understand it's not your fault - if the FCC would have forced Satellite into open broadcasting like it does with cable then we could have maybe come to an amicable resolution. But, as it is, we had to replace Comcast DVR with Dish DVR and not with an upgraded you.

I hope some day in the future when you can become friends with my new best friend Mr. Dish we can give it one more try. Until then, I only see your future serving up music in the living room from the computers upstairs. I know our time will be very limited in that area, but I'm afraid that's all I can offer you at this point in our relationship.

I hope you can forgive me and move on Tivo. I will always speak fondly of you and will cherish our memories together. You are the best, Tivo, and it breaks my heart to have to end things. There are many other people who would love to have you as a member of their family. I will have to close our joint account with Tivo Inc and will no longer be spending any more money on your services.

With Love,

Sue
posted by suebiedoobie @ 8:01 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At Friday, May 18, 2007 11:41:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awww, how sad. *tear*

    Let me know how you like the Dish DVR receiver. You have the one that's HD/DVR combined I assume? I need to upgrade and at least get a DVR. All we have are the regular receivers and I am tired of the stoneage concept of VCR recording. *snort* I don't have an HDTV yet, but like to have one in the future. That will probably be the time I end up finally doing the upgrade. It's good to know that Tivo is not compatible with Dish because I was thinking about getting that instead of Dish DVR.

     
  • At Friday, May 18, 2007 1:45:00 PM, Blogger suebiedoobie said…

    so far I really like it.

    of course, it's not a Tivo but oh well. The DVR's have come a long way in the past few years.

    And the dish DVR is way better than the comcast dvr.

    And, yes, it's a high def DVR receiver.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates