QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Friday, May 04, 2007
I Feel Good!
I had a very very nice night last night.

Dennis took me out. He actually sent me a text message earlier in the day asking if I wanted to go out with him tonight. I was really quite shocked. I mean, it's really nice to still be asked out on a date by your husband! Anyway, we went to one place that we were going to eat at, but when we got in we saw the sign that the kitchen was closed. Of course, Dennis runs into one of his old high school buddies that he hasn't seen in years and they spent about 45 minutes reminiscing over old times over a drink. It was nice. Then he asked his old chum if there's anyplace decent to go to eat around here and he suggested the Colony House (I think that's the name of the place) right over the Wisconsin border - which is only about 5 minutes away from our house.

The place was awesome! It was really nice on the inside - very classic. And the food was incredible! I had a half slab of barbeque ribs - and OH MY GOD IN HEAVEN they were incredible! Now, I haven't had barbeque ribs in, wow, over 2 years now so they were especially delightful. The meat just fell off the bone and there was very little fat on them at all - I know, I know - my mouth is watering just rememebering them too! I really want to go back to this place. They also have the usual fare - steak, lobster, shrimp, etc.

Then we went home and watched a little bit of TV and talked and stuff. Then, well, we won't get into what happened next - but just let me say it was the icing on the cake! I'm still basking in the afterglow this morning!

Anyway, it was just a really special night and it was much needed. I've been feeling a little distance from Dennis lately - mostly due to both of us being so stressed out over the past few months and it's really hard to get out of that mode. I think we took care of a lot of relationship things last night because, wow, do I feel great today! I really truely and deeply very much and still am crazy in love with this guy.

Oh, yea, and I didn't mention it's Friday once! So, there!

I hope everybody has a very nice weekend.
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:45 AM  
9 Comments:
  • At Friday, May 04, 2007 9:25:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Agreed, Colony House is awesome. Haven't been there in a long time though. Did Dennis go to school in Antioch?

     
  • At Friday, May 04, 2007 9:27:00 AM, Blogger Wildsissy said…

    morning!!! happy friday to ya! I'm sooo jealous about your date last night! I think you might have to keep Dennis after all, huh? lol! ;)

     
  • At Friday, May 04, 2007 9:43:00 AM, Blogger suebiedoobie said…

    yes, he grew up in Antioch.

     
  • At Friday, May 04, 2007 9:50:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have cousins that grew up there too. We use to spend a couple of weeks of our summers there when I was a kid. Of course years later we moved to Ingleside before moving up here. Ask him if he remembers the gas station that had a little fox for a pet. It's a small world sometimes!

     
  • At Friday, May 04, 2007 9:52:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh and when did he get out of school? I know you and I are about the same age, but not sure about Dennis.

     
  • At Friday, May 04, 2007 9:57:00 AM, Blogger suebiedoobie said…

    He graduated in 1986. I'll have to ask him about the fox.

     
  • At Friday, May 04, 2007 10:11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have a feeling, he may know a couple of the same people I know. He is just a bit youger than the one that grad. and still lives in Antioch, but his younger brothers went to elementary school there before moving to Denver. Later

     
  • At Friday, May 04, 2007 10:50:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so happy for you! I still have occassional dates like that with my husband. Reading your post, I think its time for another one. :)

     
  • At Wednesday, May 09, 2007 4:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Never heard of Colony House. Mike and I will have to go there sometime. It's sounds yummy! Your date with Dennis sounded awesome. I'm glad you could spend that time with him falling in love again.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates