QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Can I Go Back to Bed?
Please? I'm really tired this morning. I feel like I didn't sleep at all.

And, it's probably because Dennis woke me up at around 3:00am to yell at me for stealing all the covers. It only gave me pause for about 5 seconds before I was sound asleep, however, so I doubt that's really the issue.

Shit. I need to call my Dad. He called the house twice over the weekend when I wasn't home. I saw it on the caller ID but, being the horrible daughter I am, I didn't call him back because we were pretty fucking busy all weekend. I know, I could have called and I should have called - it's just hard for me sometimes. I love my dad - he is a great father but we've never been what I would consider close. It was always my mom that I would talk to about stuff. She would then, in turn, relay it all back to my dad. So he always knew what was going on through my mom but I never really talked to him directly. It's not that we had or have a bad relationship it's just, sometimes, I just don't know what to talk to him about. So, during the summer, it's easy because he's a big Cubs fan - no, that's putting it mildly - he's a HUGE Cubs fan. In the winter he's down at my sister's in Texas so he'll tell me about the great grand kids and what they're up to. I always do find something to talk to him about - sometimes it's his dog, sometimes it's about his family. I'm just never sure where to go from there. It's odd, yes, but it's always been this way.

So, I better sign off and give my dad a call. Before the boss comes in and I can't do it.
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:38 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At Tuesday, April 24, 2007 9:56:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, call your Dad. Unfortunately, I can't due to my evil step monster.
    She hates me and is jealous of our relationship. He calls me whenever she goes out.
    The funny thing is, we only bacame this close after my mom died. I am glad we are close now...he was a meanie growing up! Of course, having the 3 of us brats probably caused that. Mom was a softie.
    Have a great day!
    Helen

     
  • At Wednesday, April 25, 2007 4:01:00 PM, Blogger Greg said…

    I saw your post about your dad. I am working on a new book about father-daughter relationships and thought you might want to contribute. Please visit my page for details about submitting stories for Daddy's Little Girl.

    Gregory E. Lang
    Author, Why a Daughter Needs a Dad

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates