QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Monday, May 07, 2007
Poof - The Weekend is Gone
I hate Mondays. Yea, big surprise there. I've only been whining about Monday's for almost a year now. So, I'll shut up about it right now.

The weekend was good - pretty busy. Friday night we didn't do a whole hell of a lot since Dennis would be going out Saturday. But Saturday was crazy busy. Got up early - about 6:30, showered, and got my lazy ass out the door to get the emissions inspection done on my car. Which is a bunch of shit, but has to be done to keep my drivers license - according to the state. It took about 1/2 an hour to get there, about 30 seconds for them to do the inspection, and another 1/2 an hour to go back. But, I didn't go back home, I went to Kim's house to meet her for some shopping. And to congratulate her on her....shit. I can't say. I promised to not mention it until she announced it. So, I'm keeping my mouth shut until I know the cat is out of the bag.

We went to Borders to check out some books. Of course, I couldn't find anything that interested me. All of the train stations on my route have free books - you read 'em then bring 'em back. So, really, why buy books when you can always find some kind of trashy novel for free? I walked out empty handed. We then stopped at Bath and Body Works and I bought this really good smelling combination body soap/shampoo/bubble bath in the scent of some sugary cupcake stuff - can't remember what it's called. Something to do with frosting? I don't remember.

Then, Kim being the bad girl she is, suggested going up to the outlet mall on Route 41. They had a ton of cool shops. Let's see - they had a Coach store, a BCBG, a Guess, an Aldo, an Eddie Bauer - and a million other stores that we didn't have time to go into. I splurged and bought a really funky pair of shoes that I just love. I didn't care for the price tag too much, but that's the way it goes I suppose.

I got home in time to spend a few hours with Dennis before he left for his concert. A few hours later Bethany came over and we wound up going out drinking. Christ, I did so many friggin' shots I lost count. Yea, I was pretty smashed, but it was fun.

Yesterday - not so fun. We went out to grab some lunch at this greek gyro place and I got a grilled chicken on a pita with some fries. It tasted great, but later it made a bad turn on my stomach. I spend the rest of the night until I finally fell asleep at 1:00am with the most horrid stomach cramps I've ever had. I still have them a little, but, thank God they are better than last night. I guess my body just can't process all that crap anymore.

So, considering it's Monday and I have a ton of shit to do I guess I better get to it...
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:43 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At Monday, May 07, 2007 9:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Suzie - Sounds like a fun weekend. We attended a Cinco De Mayo party and had a blast - but then the fun came to a screeching halt overnight. During the late evening we received 8 inches of ran - most of it in an hours time. We live right next to a holding pond (lived there 21 years) and have a nice house. We woke up and things were dry, but then the pond overflowed and kept coming. The water filled our lower finished level and started coming in through the doors. My SUV is still in the garage but we left the other vehicle at my BILs the night before (too drunk to drive home). We had no power since the evening before and we had to evacuate as more rain was coming. We waded in water up to my crotch to dryer land for BIL to pick us up. We have lost everything and cannot imagine what we will come home to. I'll email you pictures if you are willing to give up your email address.

    I came into work because there is not a thing I can do but wait out the next few days - they figure it will be 2 or 3 days before we will be able to get back to our house. I don't have any clothes except what I am wearing and a sweat suit.

    I cannot cry anymore.

     
  • At Monday, May 07, 2007 11:56:00 AM, Blogger suebiedoobie said…

    Oh, man!! I'm so sorry to hear that you've gone thru such an ordeal!!

    Hopefully, your insurance company will treat you right and fix the situation. Hopefully, you have flood insurance.

    God, that sucks.

    (((hugs)))

     
  • At Monday, May 07, 2007 1:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nope - city built a dike and another retention pond. FEMA just approved a revised city map and our area was removed from the flood plain and we were able to drop flood insurance -- about 4 months ago. We have lived in this house and the retention pond has never gone over its banks before. The rumor is that the City did not release the gates, or there was a malfunction. We do not know yet about any other insurance coverage that maybe available -- or possibly that the entire area may have a lawsuit against the City. We'll have to wait and see.

    DH is disabled and we only have my paycheck. This really sucks.

     
  • At Monday, May 07, 2007 1:47:00 PM, Blogger suebiedoobie said…

    well, that blows!!

    wow, I'm sooo sorry this is happening to you. If there's anything I can do, please let me know.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates