QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Wednesday, May 23, 2007
Comcast Hell
So, I'm still arguing with Comcast. I'm so sick of dealing with them and just want it over with! But, not enough to fall into their little scheme fuck me out of a lot of money. I don't think I've ever shared what really happened between me and my old flame Comcast. So, I guess I should fill you in just in case you're dealing with those monopolizing bastards from hell.

Last December, right before Christmas, I call them to inform them that I'm moving and I need to transfer my service to my new address, as well as dumping all the overly priced movie channels that air the same fucking movies month after fucking month that we never watched anyway. Our Comcast bills were averaging about $180 bucks a month. That is for cable TV with a high definition box and DVR, a cable box for the upstairs bedroom, every movie channel they have, and cable broadband internet. I got sick of the outrageous charges and dumped the movie channels. Not their fault that the bills are so high (sort of), that is my bad because I didn't dump the movie channels before this. So, right before Christmas I go and pay off the complete balance with Comcast.

Fade to January 20th when I get my first bill at my new address. Here's what the invoice stated:

$185.00 - Previous Balance
$185.00 - Payment December 20th
$185.00 - Current Charges
$285.00 - One Time Fees
$999.00 - Taxes
$470.00 - Amount Due

Okay, the $999 in Taxes I made up. But what the fuck is this $285.00 one time fee for? And why am I being charged $185 for the current charges considering I dumped the movie channels? So, I call Comcast. And I ask them about it. They stated the $285 is my previous balance. I said, excuse me? It clearly states my previous balance was $185.00 of which I paid on December 20th. They said, "We'll look into that and call you back.". Yea, right. Of course, in grand Comcast fashion I never heard anything back at all and never received a revised bill. So, in February this is what I received:

$470.00 - Previous Balance
$185.00 - Current Charges
$999.00 - Taxes
$700.00 - Current Balance

So, I call Comcast again and say, "What the fuck?". Then they tell me that the $285.00 one time charge was for the service call to setup the cable in our new house. I told them to fuck themselves because nobody told me that they were going to charge me $285.00 to hook up my cable! Besides, I told them, you never charged me anything to hook up my cable in my old house. Their reply? You guessed it. "We'll have to look into that and call you back.". And I also asked them why the fuck they are still charging me for the movie channels. They said they would take care of that and send me a revised bill. Sound familiar? Of course, I never hear shit from them. Then March comes. Here's what my bill looked like for March:

$700.00 - Previous Balance
$185.00 - Current Charges
$999.00 - Taxes
$885.00 - Amount Currently Due

So, I figure that I owe them for 3 months of cable at this point. And, without the movie channels it shouldn't be any more than a hundred bucks a month so I promptly pay them $300.00 to cover the three months that I should only be paying for. So, in April here's my bill:

$885.00 - Previous Balance
$300.00 - Payment
$185.00 - Current Charges
$999.00 - Taxes
$800.00 - Current Balance

So, May comes along and I call them again and tell them this shit has got to stop! I ask them again, what is this fucking $285.00 one time charge? They tell me, again, that it's my previous balance from my old address. Here we go again! And if I don't pay the $800 dollars that I currently owe they will disconnect my service. My reply? Go right ahead! The following week I'm happy with Dish Networks and DSL - at $100.00 a month.

Comcast can go fuck themselves.

So, American Idol last night. Yes, I did watch some of it. And, yes, Jordin will win. Not that I care - I would much rather see Blake win. At least he's original and not another fucking pop singer. Just what the world needs.
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:41 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At Wednesday, May 23, 2007 8:34:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good Lord! What idiots they have over there! Glad I switched from them a long time ago. They are such a rip off. You know, they probably outsource their customer service to another company in India or something. It's funny how you call asking for help and these people know absolutely nothing about the company. Just be careful that Comcast doesn't ding your credit and you get this taken care of.

     
  • At Wednesday, May 23, 2007 11:17:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lol Sue!!

    You can even make a cable tv bill funny and that is not easy to do! :)

    donna

     
  • At Wednesday, May 23, 2007 3:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree with Cindy, I wouldn't let this linger, as it could go into collections and ding your credit.

    Call and "ask for a manager" and demand to resolve this issue.

    BTW... what ever happened with the deposit/rent from the old house? Did they back off?

    Sunflower1966

     
  • At Thursday, May 24, 2007 8:03:00 AM, Blogger suebiedoobie said…

    We're going to pay it. Just not the whole thing up front.

    I've asked numerous times to speak to a manager and have had no luck at all. We'll pay it off a hundred bucks a month until it's done. It's about all we can do at this point.

     
  • At Thursday, May 24, 2007 8:07:00 AM, Blogger suebiedoobie said…

    The old landlord called me about a week ago and said, "We have a problem". I said, "yea?", she said the new tenants that just moved in are upset because the washer doesn't work. I told her that it NEVER worked and they knew that! We used our own washer and in the 3.5 years we lived there they never bothered to replace theirs (we had a repairman look at it when we first moved in and he said it coudln't be fixed).

    then I told her even if we DID use it and it no longer worked we weren't responsible for their old fucking appliances. Then she said, "we still need that last months rent" to which I replied, "we still need our deposit - and I'm done with this. Send me an itemized list with receipts of all the damage you think we did and we'll look it over and get back to you" and hung up.

    She hasn't come up with one thing that we did to cause any damage at all. All she comes up with is shit that isn't even our responsibility - like, "the yard looks really bad. it needed mowing when you moved out." - Lady, it was the middle of December and there's a blanket of snow on the ground! Where the fuck is the grass that needs mowing?

    What the fuck? She's insane.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates