QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Shit! July is Almost Here?
It's looking like it's going to be a busy July for me after all.

The one thing that sucks about July this year is that the Fourth falls on a Wednesday. I mean, what the fuck is that all about? Right smack dab in the middle of the week. One day off. What can you possibly do with one day off? Not a whole hell of a lot considering I have to work on the 5th. Which makes for a pretty boring Fourth. But, as memory serves, last year it wasn't much better. I remember us looking for something to do and there was nothing going on - since the Fourth was in between work days then too. I suppose that the weekend before will be hoppin' tho.

We're having our Chicago area newbie lunch get together on July 8th, the weekend after the Fourth. And on the 28th I fly out to Texas to see my sisters new house. Now that will be a whole lotta fun! I love going down and visiting my sister in Texas. We always have a great time. My middle sister started all this shit by deciding over a month ago that she's going down the end of July. And I couldn't let the bitch be the first one to see my oldest sisters house so I had to make sure I'm there too. Yea, stupid, but I was jealous because I wanted to be there too! So, Dennis told me that he won't be able to take any time off this summer so if I can get the time off and still get paid for it, I might as well go. He didn't have to tell me twice! I'm buying my tickets today!

We've actually been considering moving down there. Here, in the Chicago burbs, the cost of homes is just way out of the realm of reasoning. My sister bought her 6 bedroom, 3 bath all brick huge ass house for the same price that we would have to buy the house we're renting for. And it's nothing at all like hers. I became totally uninterested in buying property around here last year when I saw what we could buy versus what we could afford. Basically, what we can afford would be a piece of shit fixer upper that would nickle and dime us to death until we are completely broke - which, really, isn't a far stretch from where we already are. We haven't decided to do anything yet - we're still pondering the situation. I completely believe that if we stay here we will never get any further than where we already are. And, well, that ain't far at all! So, I'm going to check a few things out while I'm down there and see if it would really be worth it to make that kind of move. Of course, Dennis says we're still about a year and a half away from doing anything like that but I think that if he's off as long this winter as he was last winter, we won't last that long!

Oh well. We'll see how it all works out. Moving, again, isn't a thought I relish much. The move last winter damned near killed us. But, if it's worth it, I'll do it in a Texas minute.
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:38 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates