QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Monday, June 25, 2007
Have I Ever Mentioned I Hate Mondays?
In case I haven't, I really fucking hate Mondays. I especially hate Monday's where my boss is here when I get here. And I really hate Mondays when the boss is here at 7:30 and already is giving me shit to do. Can I please sit and breathe for a minute before I have to start working? No? Okay, you sign my checks I guess I better do what you say.

This weekend was incredibly boring. The weather pretty much sucked - chilly and rainy on Saturday but Sunday was a little better. We went out to dinner on Friday, which was pretty good. Saturday, stayed home and rented a couple movies, Sunday, went out to lunch and watched the second movie we rented Saturday. Whoo hooo!! What a fun weekend! I wound up eating too much out this weekend and this morning when I did my weigh in I toppled the scale at 119. I haven't seen 119 since before this time last year. I'm thinking if I don't want to wind up back at 185 I better start watching what I'm eating again this week. I've been getting pretty sloppy - with going out to eat a lot and finding the most fattening thing on the menu. Yesterday, it was chicken wings. Fried, breaded, chicken wings. And I already had lunch. I ate about 10 wings - and they were gooood. Then I didn't feel like cooking dinner so we had a pizza. So, you have wings and pizza in one day, I guess it's not shocking to be up a few pounds the next.

I still freak out about the scale. I suddenly felt like I was huge and bloated this morning - I imagined that my clothes are fitting a lot tighter than they were two days ago. Which I know is impossible, but the mind plays tricks on you.

Anyway, I just hope that my vacation that I'm leaving on July 28th hurries up and gets here before I go insane! At least I have something to look forward to. I only wish that Dennis was going with me. But, alas, he can't get time off of work to go. But, I made sure to save a few vacation days for when he can take time off.
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:43 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At Monday, June 25, 2007 10:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good for you for recognizing that you need to watch what you eat better after just a small gain like that rather than waiting until you've gained 10 or more lbs. If you keep up with the mentality that you have, you will not make it back to 185. No way, not even close! I bet the scale will be back down again next Monday after you flush the wings and pizza out of your system.

    This is a life long battle. Sometimes you will have those days where you pig out or make the "wrong" choices and the scale goes up a few lbs. Then you just have to watch your eating again and it'll go back down.

    Who am I to tell you this? I haven't even made it to goal yet. LOL! I'm sure you know all this it just helps to hear it from others every now and then.

    So I completed my first triathlon on Sunday. I finished in about 2 hr 4 min. That was tough, but I did it and I actually feel pretty good today. We went out to Chili's yesterday afternoon and I loaded up on chips & salsa and then I had a steak and mashed potatoes. I was tired, but I was hungry! I also had a margarita to celebrate the end of it. Then I went back to my sister's house to snooze for a couple hours before driving home.

    Take care and have a great Monday despite the boss man being there early giving you a ton of crap to do!

     
  • At Monday, June 25, 2007 12:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am right with you with my eating habits. I am getting sloppy with paying attention. I have been 118-119 since we got back from camp a week or so ago. Usually, I get right back to 115-116 but not this time.
    I am making the effort now before we go back there in 2 weeks.

    It will never end, but I know what to do.

    Hang in there, vacation is coming!

     
  • At Monday, June 25, 2007 3:39:00 PM, Blogger Darelinia said…

    Hi, just checking in.

    I hope your headaches have been better than mine. I was in my neuro practice this morning and they sent me home with more Topamax and Lunesta and it made me wonder how you were doing.

    It's good to be vigilant about your eating habits, but 119 doesn't sound anywhere close to 185 to me. My crazy homepath has me off of dairy for the time being, so I'm barely able to eat enough points for maintenance right now. She wants me to eat protein, but no dairy. Ick.

    I end up eating a bunch of peanut butter, some meat with dinner, and Kashi bars with protein. And lots of real popcorn to burn points. My family is a bit worried about my weight, it's a little on the low side right now.

    Hope you're well. Did you get in to see your doc?

    Darelinia

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates