QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Monday, March 19, 2007
My Sister is a Dick
I believe, more than ever, that my middle sister was never actually born from my mother. I am of the steadfast belief that she had to have been switched at birth and there is no way she is actually blood related to anybody that has been born to my family. But, then again, I might have been reading too many dramatic novels recently, but more about that later.

So, my birthday came and went, uneventful. My train was late 45 minutes getting to the station to pick me up to take me home on Friday so I didn't actually get home until almost 5:30. Which is two hours after I actually got off work. I would have been better off actually driving to work - I would have been home sooner. Dennis got home about 6:30 and walked in with a card, some Diet Pepsi, and some Weight Watchers ice cream treats and asks me where I want to go out to dinner. Honestly, by the time I got home from work I was in a full blown migraine headache and, really, just didn't feel like going out and I could tell he felt like shit and, really, only would go out to make me happy. So, we got Chinese food and a couple movies and had a nice quiet evening at home. I did wind up making some kick ass fillets and king crab legs at home Saturday - at about 1/4 of what that meal would have cost had we gone out the night before.

I did go Saturday to see Kim at the Woodstock Harley Davidson open house where she was working for Save a Pet. She's so sweet! She got me some flowers and three boxes of Hershey's Chocolate Sticks - Dark Chocolate, Milk Chocolate, and Mint Chocolate. And they're all only one point a piece! So, I had to try all of them, right then and there, and they are probably the most awesome thing I've had in, well, forever! They're a whole lot better and more satisfying than the Hostess 100 Cal Pack cupcakes - did I say cupcakes? They're more like the size of the mole I have on my ass. But oh well. I did buy two more boxes of those at the store as well. Anyway, I digress - while we were walking around this precious little puppy named Larry (and, well, Larry is a girl - go figure) a woman fell in love with Larry and decided to adopt her right then and there. I'll have to check with Kim to see if they made it out to Grayslake to actually take possession of Larry. Anyway, she's a sweetheart for doing that and I thank you immensely.

Now, getting back to my sister. This is the same sister that everybody had to go through hell and high water to get her the birthday party she told everybody she wanted and her daughter couldn't afford. You remember that? If not, check back to last Novembers blog postings.

About two weeks ago I told her that my sister would be here the first week of April. She tells me that would be a great weekend to celebrate my birthday since we'll all be together, yada yada yada. I said yea, that would be great. Well, break to last Thursday. I remind her, again, that our other sister would be in town the first week of April and I'm taking Monday off (my Texas sister flies back to Texas on Monday night) and would be driving to my dad's Saturday morning. Now, you would think that since April 1st is on a Sunday that she would have figured out that this is the first weekend in April right? Wrong. She just can't figure that one out. She did the same thing last year - couldn't figure out when the first week of April is. Anyway, she told me that she had plans for that Sunday (the 1st) but she would call my other sister and work something out so she could be there. In case you're as confused as I suspect you are, I'll explain how and why and stuff. My dad spends the winter months at my sisters in Texas and he refused to fly or drive by himself. My sister every fall flies to Chicago and I drive her to Peoria so she can ride down to Texas with my Dad. And every year, the first week in April, she drives back with my dad and I drive down to Peoria to pick her up to take her to the airport and we spend a few days together.

So, Saturday I talk to my sister in Texas and she tells me that she talked to my middle sister. And my middle sister said she's still not sure about her plans for Sunday so she'll take Friday off and drive down to Peoria on Thursday night and come back Saturday! Well, that's all fine and good except that I still have to drive down on Saturday! Christ. So, because she refuses to cancel her plans (that she doesn't even know if it's happening or not) we BOTH have to drive to Peoria and, once again, I have to drive my oldest sister to the airport on Monday. I mean, shit! Couldn't the inconsiderate bitch have taken MONDAY off instead and offered to ONCE take my sister to the airport? Or at least offer to ride with me? Let alone that now I guess she won't be doing shit with me for my birthday after I helped pay for her fucking birthday party last November? She's a fucking idiot, my middle sister. And, actually, I'm kind of glad that I won't have to listen to her go on and on about how perfect, beautiful, thoughtful, considerate her fucking daughter (who scammed everybody else to pay for her moms birthday party) is. So, actually, it is the best birthday present she could have given me.
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:51 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At Monday, March 19, 2007 9:02:00 AM, Blogger Wildsissy said…

    family, what can you say.. just had those 100 cal pack hostess cupcakes... wayyy too addicting and I almost grabbed a 2nd package.. stopped myself! I want to check out the 100 cal chex mix packs. Heard those are good too!

     
  • At Monday, March 19, 2007 9:33:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    They have 100 cal chex mix now? That is awesome! I've been waiting for those to come out. I am a big chex mix fan. I like the 100 cal hostess cupcakes. For 1 point on the chocolate ones, I think you get a pretty good amount. But I agree that it is hard to eat only 1.

    I'm sorry I couldn't make it out to Woodstock early enough. I didn't wake up until 11:00 after being out with my sister Friday night. By the time I got the kids and myself ready and called Kimberly she said she was getting ready to leave. :( My DD was sad because she wanted to go see Kimberly and the doggies. Oh well, I'll have to take her to the shelter sometime soon so she can see them. I'm so glad Larry found a home. That is awesome news!

    I am so glad to hear that Dennis surprised you when he came home and that you two still managed to celebrate your birthday together. It all worked out huh?

    Honestly I would have thought the first weekend in April would be the following weekend too (the weekend of Easter) since the weekend you are referring to is not really a full weekend in April. But I think since your sister originally committed to the family get together she should cancel her other plans. That's just wrong! You are such a good sister for driving your other sister to the airport every year and she's great for driving your dad back home to Peoria too. It's too bad that your middle sister couldn't be a bit more giving.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates