QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Monday, February 19, 2007
It's Definitely not a Sty
Well, I did something to my eye yesterday. Not sure what tho.

Dennis had band practice yesterday and called me at about 5:30 to tell me he was on his way home. So, I started dinner so it would be ready when he got home. He walked in the door and freaked out on me. He's looking at me saying, "What the hell is wrong with your eye? What did you do it it?" And, I'm like, "What the hell are you talking about. There's nothing wrong with my eye." He tells me, "Stay calm and go look in the mirror.".


To my horror, this is what I saw:

I have no idea what happened or how it happened but it appears that I bursted a blood vessel or something in it. Then I freaked out. I'm thinking I'm going to go blind and I need to get to the emergency room NOW. But, luckily, I decided to look it up on the internet first. Yes, I know, the internet can't take the place of your doctor but if I wouldn't have checked it out first I would have gone to the ER and felt like an idiot. According to the web sites I have checked out, it is basically harmless. It's like a bruise where blood vessels break in your eye and bleed into the clear part of the whites of your eye. Then it just stays there, like a bruise.

I'm still not sure about this and I'm thinking that I just might be best going in to see an ophthalmologist, just to be sure. I had a migraine headache on Saturday then this on Sunday. Perhaps if I knew what caused it - like I got poked in the eye or something, then it wouldn't be so worrisome. But, since I have no idea of it's origins, I should probably have somebody look at it.

Of course, Dennis had his usual jokes - like, what train are you taking home tonight - the Red Eye? Yea, I know. I married him.

I love Mondays.
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:47 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At Monday, February 19, 2007 8:01:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ouch! It makes my eyes water to look at that!

    I'm surprised you didn't feel it. Those usually take a little while to go away...

    If it happened to me for no reason, I would probably at least call my doc. Then maybe he can recommend whether you should come in to see him or not.

     
  • At Monday, February 19, 2007 8:08:00 AM, Blogger suebiedoobie said…

    I just made an appt for this afternoon with an ophthalmologist.

    Better to be safe than sorry.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates