QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Hump Day?
It's hump day. Yea, so what. That's my attitude today. I just don't care.

I'm tired, I have a headache, and I would rather be at home cuddled in a blanket and a remote control. I had a great idea for today's blog at about 10:00pm last night, but when I woke up this morning I totally forgot what it was even about. And as I wrote today's blog in my head last night I did give it consideration to, well, you know, write it down? But, I didn't and now I'm sitting here with nothing to blog about. You've heard it all already- yea, I'm broke. Yea, winter sucks. Yea, my eye is better thankyouverymuch. Yea, the guys on American Idol still suck. Christ. What has happened to my life? I've become ten steps less interesting than the latest news about Anna Nicole's dead body. I mean, shit, that woman is more exciting dead than I am alive. How the fuck does that happen? I think it's just a feel sorry for myself morning.

I guess I'm a little sad that Dennis is going to be gone from 3:00am tomorrow morning until Friday night. And I'm not sure why this bothers me - probably because if I thought my life was boring before he goes for a day, it's going to be extremely boring when he's gone. I love that guy. I really do. Even in the worst of times he can still make me laugh my ass off. He's going to some place in the upper UP to test out some Case machines with his brother. At least his trip is paid for by his brother and he can get a chance to get out of the house for a few days. The dude needs it and it's not like he's gone for six weeks this time. Maybe that's why it bothers me - because, even though that six week tour was, what, almost two years ago now (well, a year and a half but who's counting?) I still remember what it was like without him around. And it makes me sad a little. But, I suppose on the upside after being married for almost six years if I can miss him being gone for a day that's still a pretty good thing.
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:39 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At Wednesday, February 28, 2007 9:41:00 AM, Blogger Wildsissy said…

    *clapping* yeahhhhh for Sue!! Sue has a great guy!! That's freakin awesome! What more could you ask from life? Seriously!

    ughh you have to keep a little notebook next to your bed so you can write down all your ideas because now I'm curious as hell wondering WTF it was that you had to say! lol!

    Glad the eye is better!!

     
  • At Wednesday, February 28, 2007 10:24:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My husband is a firefighter and works 24 hours every third day so I know what you mean. I see him in the morning before he goes to work and I don't see him until the evening the next day once I get home from work. And sometimes he works 48 hr shifts so then I go 2.5 days without seeing him. Except I think it's nice sometimes. :) But I'm used to it. Once a year he goes to Fire College down in Champaign and he's gone for 4 days. That's kinda rough. Especially since he's down there going to bars every night with a bunch of rowdy firefighters. It's scary.

    I can't imagine what it must have been like for Dennis to be gone for 6 weeks. I'm glad that you have such a close relationship with him and can miss him even if he's gone for just a day.

    Take care!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates