QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Wednesday, February 21, 2007
American Idol Jumped the Shark
I've done something last night I've never done before. I turned the channel halfway into American Idol. I just couldn't stomach it another minute. While I usually enjoy this show due to the fact that there's usually one or two standouts that I like to root for, it appears this year the talent pool has definitely dried up. Not one - and I mean NOT ONE of the guys last night showed any sparkle of having one eighth of the talent that it takes to actually do the job they're competing for. There's nothing different about any of them. And the one that I thought was going to be enjoyable to watch this year (Moonbeam or whatever his hippie parents named him) was amazing at the auditions but has been horrible ever since. So, I think I'm going to sit this season out and not give it any attention - as the show no longer deserves it.

Who am I kidding? I'll have to watch the girls then decide this. But, I'm thinking they aren't going to fare any better than the guys. I think this show has finally jumped the shark. But, then again, I believe it jumped two years ago.

So, we have this guy in here today to put another coat of varnish on the windowsills, so I have to get off my computer so he can pollute my nice clean air with something that will, no doubt, make me sneeze, wheeze, and really want to kick his ass. Oh, and he just informed me that he'll have to open the windows. Great. Now I can add freezing my ass off to this gloriously sunny day.
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:42 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At Wednesday, February 21, 2007 9:10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i thought the very same thing last night...except i stuck it out and the very last guy was pretty good! he was the guy whose wife had a baby the day of is audition. his song had a very scary start for him, but he blew everyone away once he got going. and the beat box kid did a good job too...they both caught my eye last night and i was originally only paying attention to the sundance/moonbeam kid and the guy who looks like jack osborne.

    how is your eye????

     
  • At Wednesday, February 21, 2007 11:55:00 AM, Blogger suebiedoobie said…

    still red, still ugly. but getting better.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates