QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Thursday, January 11, 2007
I'm Late for Work
I decided to come into work an hour later than usual today. I figure I have to be here until 4:30 anyway to cover asstrout co-worker, so why should I work an extra hour for that? What do I get out of it? Absolutely nothing. So, I'm going to start coming in an hour later every day that I have to stay an hour late and see if anybody notices. My boss and his wife were both here this morning when I got here and I think, but I'm not sure, that I did get a glance out of them.

I got another migrane headache last night. I'm thinking it's from these way overly priced eye drops I've been taking. So, I stopped taking them and I'm taking bets - which one is going to happen first? A) My eyes swell up to the size of baseballs since I'm off the drops or B) I get another headache by noon since it wasn't the drops at all, or C) Both because I'm the most unlucky bitch on the planet.

On Saturday I have my mother in law coming over for dinner. Which is cool, because I like my mother in law, but sucks because I have no idea what the fuck to make for dinner. Any suggestions?
posted by suebiedoobie @ 8:39 AM  
6 Comments:
  • At Thursday, January 11, 2007 8:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Chili? Lasagna? Calzones? Enchiladas? BBQ chicken?

    I have a recipe for a pasta dish made with olive oil and chicken broth, and chicken and vegetables (carrots, broccoli, and basically anything else you might want to throw in there). It's very good and "lighter" than normal pasta.

     
  • At Thursday, January 11, 2007 10:10:00 AM, Blogger Wildsissy said…

    I'd say something easy/simple like spaghetti with garlic bread or even baked spaghetti... or a ham with sweet potatoes and steamed veggies? what about chicken stir fry? easy/fast

     
  • At Thursday, January 11, 2007 10:36:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Another suggestion - Pork Loin, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Veggies/Salad.

    I did huge pork loin (10 pounds) in large crock pots for Christmas. I just put some Lipton Garlic/Herb soup mix on it with some water and let cook all day. It was very good. Low points too. And, what's nice about garlic mashed potatoes is that you can use skim milk and a butter substitute in them - fresh or jarred garlic. No butter required when served.

    Something good and different - if you like pork loin.

     
  • At Thursday, January 11, 2007 10:42:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good for you for coming in an hour later today! Did it take you any longer to get into work than usual?

    As far as dinner suggestions, it depends on how motivated you are, how good you are in the kitchen, and what everyone likes. I'd go for something simple like throwing some good steaks on the grill (see if you can get filet mignon on sale) or baking some chicken, pork, or fish in the oven. You can have a veggie or fruit side, and a carb side like noodles, potatoes, rice, or bread/rolls. Another thing to do is throw a pork loin roast or pork tenderloin in the crock pot on low for 8 hours with BBQ sauce. Bake some potatoes, cinnamon apple slices, and/or any of the above suggestions to go with it.

     
  • At Thursday, January 11, 2007 10:44:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's so funny how pljewels suggested the pork loin at about the same time I did! I believe that's a sign! :o)

     
  • At Thursday, January 11, 2007 10:47:00 AM, Blogger suebiedoobie said…

    Yea, I'm thinking the steaks are a good idea - with a baked potato and a salad or something. I already have 2 ribeyes in the fridge, all I would have to do is pick another one up!!

    Thanks for all the suggestions!! I appreciate it!!

    Next time I might try the lasagna. I just don't want to try something new with my first dinner.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates