QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Thursday, October 18, 2007
It's My Friday and I'll Cry if I Want To
Today might be Thursday, but it's Friday for me!

That's right, I'm off work tomorrow. However, tonight may prove to be a night from hell. My sister is flying in from Texas tonight and I am going to pick her up from O'Hare. Unfortunately, her flight doesn't even get in until 10:00pm tonight. Which means that I'll probably get in sometime around midnight. And I still have a few things I have to do when I get home - mostly straighten up the living room and kitchen. Dennis is off work today - rained out and when he's off, messes are made. I shouldn't say that - he's pretty good at cleaning up after himself. But, he doesn't do as good a job as I do when company is expected.

Then tomorrow morning I have my other sister coming in from Rockford. And tomorrow night is the benefit that Dennis is playing an acoustic set for. So, it's going to be madness tomorrow. And Dennis is already doing the freak out thing since he's playing tomorrow night. Well, I shouldn't say freak out - he's just a little uptight with lots of stuff to do.

This is a semi-annual thing with my sister coming in. My father, who lives about four hours away, goes down to Texas for the winter. Only he refuses to fly. And refuses to drive there alone. Which I understand - the man is almost 80 years old and shouldn't be driving 15 or so hours by himself. So, my sister flies in, I take her to my dad's, and she drives down to Texas with him. Then, around April, the whole process is reversed - she drives back up with him, I go to Dad's to pick her up, and she flies back down to Texas. I guess she's got the short end of the stick on this one. She gets to sit in a car all the way from Illinois to Texas. I only have to drive her from the airport to my dad's. I guess now I feel like I really don't do enough!

Well, my sweater and boots came in that I ordered from JCPenny's yesterday. The sweater, I love. The boots - not so much. They're cute, don't get me wrong, they're just not hitting me right. They only come up to mid-calf so that kind of limits what you can wear with them. And I already have a pair of knee high black boots that I like better so the new ones are going back to JCPenny's this weekend.

Time to get to work, since I won't be here tomorrow. Pulling double time today I suppose.

See you all Monday!
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:47 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At Thursday, October 18, 2007 8:45:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have a good weekend!

     
  • At Thursday, October 18, 2007 11:53:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I remember the whole Texas to Illinois thing now! That is nice of your sis to do.

    Good luck to Dennis tomorrow night.
    I wish I were closer. We would have some fun.

    Jim has only one job lined up after this one. Construction work is not what is used to be, for sure.

    Helen

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates