QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Thursday, December 07, 2006
Winter Sucks Ass
I'm over winter. It's only been here a few weeks, but I'm done with it. Can't we just cut through this cold shit and get straight to Spring? I hate wearing a million layers of clothes and still being cold.

I didn't do jack last night. I laid on my ass, watched some TV, and fell asleep in the middle of Medium - a show I never watch. Maybe that's why I fell asleep. I feel kind of guilty today, though, because I didn't get anything done last night at all. I shouldn't - Dennis didn't do anything yesterday either. He worked, went to band practice, came home, and went to bed. At least, that's his story and he's sticking to it.

He's getting his brother's box truck this morning and is going to be moving shit today since it's too cold for him to work. And there better be a lot done before I get home or there'll be hell to pay!

Ok, not really. It's so fucking cold outside I wouldn't blame him if he just stayed home and packed up some of the basement or garage. You wouldn't catch me loading and unloading a truck all day in this shit. Today, I'm kinda happy I'm at work. Well, at least for right now anyway. In an hour, who knows.

So, work is slowing down for Dennis. He won't be working much now due to the weather. Which is good and bad. Good - he'll get a lot of moving done while I'm working. Bad - he won't be having much of a paycheck for a while. Good - well, I can't think of anything else good about it. Bad - we're going to be really broke and Christmas is going to suck, as usual. That's the bad thing about working construction. You get fucked at Christmas. Work slows down, paychecks deminish. I don't care if he gets me something or not, really. I'm more concerned that I won't be able to get him anything if we have to save every penny right now. Crap. Why did we have to move over Christmas?

Ok, I'm done whining now. Is there anything you want to whine about? I would much rather hear somebody else complain about something than hear myself one more time.
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:37 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At Thursday, December 07, 2006 9:39:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sue,

    My DH works construction for the Illinois Union and seems to be working year round now. He used to struggle with a few days here and there. Have Dennis check some of the big companies in the city. I know for a fact they are looking for guys now for the condo construction downtown. Best wishes!

     
  • At Thursday, December 07, 2006 11:23:00 AM, Blogger suebiedoobie said…

    here's the problem - he's a heavy equipment operator. That union you have to be called by the union to go out and work. You can't just find a job then go to work. It stinks, but that's how this union works.

    And, I know he wouldn't EVER work downtown. He hates downtown. He would go out to Rockford before he would go downtown.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates