QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Tuesday, November 21, 2006
Two More Days
All I have to do is get through today and tomorrow then I can sit back and do nothing for four whole days.

Of course I won't actually be able to do nothing. I'm cooking Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday. And Wednesday is the biggest party night of the year - the holiday kick off if you will. I remember years ago, right after my divorce from my drunk ex-husband, going out all night on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and being so wrecked on Thanksgiving that I couldn't possibly make the 4 hour drive to my parents house to eat. Of course, that was extremely rude and, now that my mother is no longer with us, something I very much regret. I can't imagine what she must have thought - me just not showing up at all. Oh well. I can't change the past but I can decide how I conduct myself in the present and the future.

We went out last night to the grocery store and bought all the remaining ingredients for our feast. It's nothing fancy, since it's just the two of us - three if you count Leo. And, I suppose we should count him because that furry little beast can out eat the both of us combined. I'm making turkey, stuffing, garlic mashed potatoes and gravy, and dinner rolls. And that's it. No desserts. I know, you all are thinking I must be completely insane, but I did ask Dennis if he wanted a pie and he declined. Neither of us are real big on desserts and that's probably a good thing since neither of us need desserts.

So, today, I have to give some thought on what I'm going to get Dennis for Christmas. And, since he confessed to me over the weekend that he sometimes sneaks on here and reads my shit, I guess I'm going to have to refrain from discussing it. We both decided that one thing we really need to replace is the TV in the living room. The TV doesn't actually belong to us - it belongs to a convict in prison that will be being released in April and will, undoubtedly, be coming looking for it and a few other things he left at our house over four years ago. But, that's a story for another day.

Depending on what the end of the year commissions look like I think we'll be doing a joint gift for us both and getting a nice LCD High Definition TV. Not sure yet on the size, that's going to depend on the commission check - and I probably won't know much about that until the middle of next month.


I just want the next two days over already.

Side Note: Today is the first day in the history of this blog that I ran the spell checker and it came up with no misspellings. It is the season of miracles.
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:49 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates