QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Monday, November 13, 2006
Busy Weekend!! Bears Win!!
By the time Sunday came around I was so happy to not have to do anything but plob my butt down on my couch and watch the Bears versus the Giants.

But, we'll come to that later.

My sister got into town on Thursday night, as planned. However, her flight was delayed about 40 minutes and we got there a half an hour early so we had a pretty long wait. You know what pisses me off about airports? Okay, I'll tell you. The fact that you can't get anything to drink other than a Starbucks (which I hate) unless you have a ticket and go through security to the gates. We thought, no big deal, we'll find an airport bar and suck down a couple while we wait for her flight to come in. But, lo and behold the only place you can get anything to eat or drink is on the other side. I was so thirsty and hungry that I actually thought for a second about what the cheapest tickets to go anyplace, anyplace at all would be just so I could get thru security and find a place to eat. And the fucking airport was packed. And it sucked. So, we sat there, and sat there, and sat there some more until her flight finally came in. Then we sat there some more waiting for her baggage. Christ. The airport bars and restaurants would make a whole lot more money if they would figure out a way that people - all people in the airport could use them. Fucktards.

So, anyway, we spent all day Friday shopping - which, if you know me, is no great hardship at all. Other than I always wind up spending way too much money with my sister. Then my other sister came in Friday night - the one who we gave the surprise party to Saturday? And what does she want to do Saturday? You guessed it - shop! So, we went shopping. Again. On Saturday. And I spent more money. Again. I did buy a really cute coat on sale at New York and Company so it wasn't a totally wasted trip.

My sister's surprise birthday party went off without a hitch. Well, I shouldn't say without a hitch. We had about an hour and 15 minute drive to get there from my house so we left at 3:45 to get there by 5:00. About 3/4 of the way there my niece calls to say she's running late. Okay, come on!! You have all day and you can't get to your mom's party on time? So, we stalled. And stalled. We stopped three times to use the bathroom. I swear I can't believe that my sister didn't ask if I had some kind of bladder problem and suggest getting some Depends Undergarments. And I stopped for gas. Finally, we get there at 5:30 and my sister was totally shocked. Didn't suspect a thing so it wound up being a huge success.

I got back home around 9:00 and some friends stopped by and didn't leave until about 2am. Which translates to me not getting my butt outta bed until noon on Sunday.

I had a ton of pictures to post here today, however my dumb ass forgot to download them to my ISP so I can't post them yet. I got too involved last night in the Bears game to even think about it.

And, now onto the topic of the day - Da Bears. They started off like crap - very similar to the same way they started out the week before against Miami. Turnovers, fumbles, dropped passes, no running yards - all a recipe for disaster. All I could think about was my husbands bastard drummer who bet against them and took the Giants to win the game. I told him yesterday that it might be a losing bet since the Giants were plagued with injuries. He said he had to go with the money on this one. I did tell him I hope he loses his money. And he did!!

The Bears finally came around at the end of the second half and right before the half scored a touchdown. Which fired them up coming into the second half. They started looking like the old Bears of a month ago again with completed passes, no turnovers, and lots of running by Thomas Jones. Brian Urlacher appeared to be just fine with his injured toe and it didn't seem to slow him down any. And what about that 108 yard run back from Devin Hester that matches the record setting run back almost exactly a year ago against San Francisco last year by Nathan Vasher on a missed field goal attempt? That was saaaahweeeet.

The final score? Bears win by 38-20.


Go Bears!!
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:48 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates