QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Wednesday, November 01, 2006
Get Ready for the Holidays!!
Fuck. Did I really just say that?

It's Wednesday, hump day. No humping going on here, well, until I see my gyno on Monday!

I was late for work this morning by a half an hour. I couldn't find my keys this morning so, I look, and I hunt, and I retrace my steps back from when I got home from work last night in hopes of finding the elusive key ring. Finally, after 20 minutes of searching I find them right where they should have been - on the key hook in the kitchen. Right where Dennis put 'em. And where I never put my keys. Yea, I'm a dumbass. I'll readily admit to that.

It's also the first day of November. I hate November. It's the beginning of shit weather - rain, snow, wind - anything but sunshine and warmth. It also marks the beginning of the holiday season (don't kid yourself - starting today that's all we'll hear about until January 2nd) no matter how you feel about that. Everybody wants to get Halloween over with before even thinking about Thanksgiving or Christmas. Personally, I don't think about Christmas until after Thanksgiving but here we are - just a few short weeks loom before we have to panic over turkey and desserts.

I'm personally hoping that, this year, we can have Thanksgiving at home with just me and Dennis. I prefer to do that then spend Christmas with a million family members. The problem with going someplace else for Thanksgiving is that the food is always prepared with tons of fat. And there's always way too many people. By the time you get through the line and get your turkey it's either gone and you're stuck with ham, or by the off chance there's still some left it's generally hard and cold. Then there's the assortment of crappy side dishes like some jello crap with marshmellows on top, or mashed potatoes made with butter, regular milk, sour cream - you know what I'm saying. And, just for kicks, this year I should put chocolate in mashed potatoes and take that. Why not? It's already loaded with a zillion calories and fat grams you might as well make it worth your while.

I'll have to talk to Dennis tonight and ask him if we can forego this tradition and stay home. I'll make turkey basted in chicken broth, mashed potatoes made with lite margarine and 2% milk. Where I'll have all the nutritional information at my disposal. Yea, I know. It's all an excuse. What I really have a problem with is all the friggin' people!! I love my husband's family, don't get me wrong, but for one day out of the year I would like to have peace and quiet and be able to watch the football game without having to feel guilty that all the other women are in the kitchen helping wash a million dishes. At home, I do the dishes whenever I feel like it (usually right after the game) and can smoke some doobage when the mood strikes.

You all know what I'm saying. I'm sure my idea will be shot down and we'll wind up going and having a good time anyway. It's worth a shot though. What am I thinking? All I have to do is promise sex while the turkey's cooking and he'll be more than willing to stay home. Wish me luck on this!!
posted by suebiedoobie @ 8:10 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At Wednesday, November 01, 2006 8:53:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, I just bring plenty of wine and start drinking before dinner is even on the table.

    The holiday tradition I enjoy the most on T Day is sitting with "the family" pouring over the ads for the next morning. Youngest DD comes home for T Day and we start shopping about 6 or 6:30 AM. Finish by about 10 or 10:30 AM and meet DH someplace for breakfast. A nice tradition for us!

    This year I will con DD to help put up the Christmas tree and bring out the decorations. Maybe I can get some of the decorating done before I have to pack for "the cruise".

    Cheryl

     
  • At Wednesday, November 01, 2006 9:00:00 AM, Blogger suebiedoobie said…

    that sounds like a good time cheryl!!

    Oh, I forgot to mention there is never alcohol served at my husband's family functions. And you're not allowed to bring any either so that's another reason I would LOVE to stay HOME on Thanksgiving!!

    I would like to enjoy a glass of wine with my thanksgiving meal, and NOT sparkling cider (ick)

     
  • At Wednesday, November 01, 2006 10:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow...you just gave me a great idea to stay home on thanksgiving! sounds like a luxurious time! point friendly menu...wine...doobage...sex...football...can't get much better than that!

    have fun!

     
  • At Wednesday, November 01, 2006 1:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jim and I stay home alone almost every Thanksgiving. Family sometimes gives us grief, but ever since we went to our camp one year in Maine for T-Day (cabin, no electricity, woodstove LOTS of fun) they have backed off. Every year we say we "might" go and stay home. It is great! We do the whole family thing for Xmas Eve and have Christmas here with everyone, so we just said this holiday is for us.
    DD goes to her fathers, so I am off the hook.
    We are learning to say NO to people now. The either get it or not.

    I say stay home.It is fun. We give thanks for eachother.
    Helen
    (nettesmom)

     
  • At Thursday, November 02, 2006 10:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hear ya! I actually really enjoy the holidays and getting together with family. But I totally agree with you on going to other people's houses and how unhealthy the food can be. That's why I usually just invite everyone over to my house and I do the cooking. My MIL always invites us over to her house first and I say how about you come over to my house. Everytime we go there she says be here at like 1 or 2 and then dinner's usually not ready until like 6 even though it was supposed to be ready way earlier. So in the meantime, while we are waiting for food, what does she give us to munch on, a bunch of fattening appetizers (mozzarella sticks, french fries, chicken wings, chips, etc, etc). UGH! Then we are served dry and overcooked turkey and roast beef along with all the fattening sides.

    I love my MIL, I really do, but I like my cooking much better and I'm a lot more organized with my time. Plus preparing the meal really keeps me busy and away from the munchies. Then I get the satisfaction of watching everyone enjoy the food I cooked. I love it!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates