QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Friday, October 20, 2006
Warning: I'm Hungry and Crabby
I hate doctors. It's something to do with the white coats. People who can wear white coats are generally very cocky in my opinion. Mostly, because if I would wear a white coat you could set a timer on how long it would take to go from white to unwearable.

Yes, I have to go visit my doctor today. I saw him last Tuesday for a physical but wasn't told that I can't eat anything before the blood work. Which means I'm very hungry and very irritable this morning. I see food, I can smell food, but I can't have any food or anything other than water until after the doctor's office vampire steals some of my blood - which means I'm going to be hungry and irritable for the next 2 hours.


The doctor, after reviewing my height and weight, told me that I'm at a healthy weight (neener to all you losers who say I'm anorexic because I'm slightly under the weight watchers recommended minimum weight for my height) and was very impressed when I told him how much weight I lost. So there.

One of the things they ask you during a physical is, obviously, your family medical history. The doctor asked about my dad's side of the family - which is sickeningly healthy. My grandfather died a week before his 101st birthday and my father, who is 78 years old, golfs 3 to 4 times a week and walks the course (he doesn't want to spend the money for a cart). But, when we got to my mothers side of the family things got a little tense. My grandmother, I explained, died unexpectedly in her 40's. She complained of being tired and decided to take a nap. She never woke up. We don't know what happened, since an autopsy wasn't common place for things of this nature back then in the 50's. My doctor informed me at that point that, usually, if somebody dies suddenly in their sleep it's due to a heart attack. Then came the burning question of my mother.


The doctor asked if my mother was still alive at which point I told him that she passed away on January 1st, 2000 of heart related complications (again, no autopsy). He asked when she first started having heart related problems. I told him the tale of when she was 42 she had bypass surgery followed by two heart attacks at 45. He was surprised by this news, considering that two women in my direct lineage have had heart problems in their 40's, especially considering that I, myself, am 43 years old. He also asked about my mother's weight at the time she had her bypass surgery. I explained to him that she was around the same weight I was and was the same age I was when I decided I needed to lose weight. He asked me if that's one of the reasons I decided to lose weight. I mean, come on Doc!! Isn't that a pretty obvious question? Next thing I know I'm having an EKG done and he's talking about stress tests and all sorts of other things that perhaps I should have done to make sure that my ticker is still ticking properly. We haven't talked about it any further, as he wants to see how my blood tests come out. On the other hand, I have two sisters that are past their 40's (one will be 50 next Month, the other turned 55 this year) and neither of them have heart problems.

So, it's a lot to think about.

Well, it's Friday gang. You know what that means? You guessed it. It's Friday. Yea, no big finale in that one. Other than I get two days off of work. I'll always agree to that! The only depressing factor in this weekend thing is there is no Bears football. They have their bye week this week, so I'll have to wait until a week from this Sunday to see if they can go 7 - 0.

Keeping my fingers crossed!
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:54 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At Friday, October 20, 2006 9:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yep - double neener to all those green-eyed monsters that want you to think you have an eating disorder. I get that all the time. I don't look skinny, just thin (and healthy). And so do you. It is a bonus when our doctors agree and we can use the ammo for that.

    Have a great Friday. I'm loving it all ready. Wearing my favorite jeans and new Boston Proper jean jacket (was $398 - paid $54). Best friends that moved to Wyoming are coming in today for opening day pheasant hunting. We will drink wine and eat good food tonight. DH and I are taking a short (200 mile) trip tomorrow - I have meetings all day and he is going to do some errands. We'll stay the night so that I can shop that evening and on Sunday (and eat more good food).

    I'll be on and off the WW newbies today - boss took the day off.

    "see you later" - Cheryl

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates