QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Wednesday, October 11, 2006
Banks Suck
Well, all I have to say is that it keeps getting better and better.

My mornings, I mean. I woke up this morning to the sound of my husband's voice saying, "Sue, it's 6:15. You didn't set the alarm.". Fucking great!! So, I get up an hour later than I should have so I just take a quick shower, don't wash my hair (since it takes me a full 1/2 hour or longer to dry it), get dressed and dash out the door. But, fuck!! I need gas. So, I stop at the gas station and pump my gas. I go in to pay for it and they decline my debit card. Ok, now what? I deposited over a thousand dollars into my checking account on Friday and the deposit showed up right away, that day (I always check because the tellers at my bank are complete morons) - I even used my debit card yesterday! So, now what? I can't pay for my fucking gas! So, I do what anybody else would do in this situation given the means. I have to put it on my credit card. Which is fine - but I hate paying for gas on the card, or I should say I hate paying for interest on a tank of gas. I'm only a block away from home so I figured I better go back home and see what the hell is going on, and beg my sweet, kind, good looking, considerate, compassionate, caring, dear husband for some money.

I logged into my checking account and the deposit is nowhere to be found. But, all the charges from the weekend are definitely all there, along with $200 dollars in overdraft and nsf fees! I try calling the bank - but, you guessed it, they aren't open yet. Okay, I'm really steaming at this point. Dennis give me twenty bucks and I get back in my car and I drive off. I go to grab my phone but there's one little problem - my purse is nowhere to be found. Great!! I'm praying at this point that I left it at home and it didn't get lifted while I was in the gas station. So, I turn around and go back home and lo and behold, there it is. I must've brought it in with me when I came back from the gas station, thank god.

I'm finally on my way to work and traffic is hell. I decide to stop off at the bank and go through the drive-thru and ask them what the fuck they did with my money! I tell the teller that one thing you don't want to do is fuck with somebody and their money. She wasn't entirely sympathetic but did tell me that:

"Due to the lame ass Columbus Day Holiday our computer systems got hosed and, given that we're pathetically incompetent and haven't been able to figure out how to fix the mess, we fucked you. We're sorry that we left you stranded and charged you $200 for the honor but promise that we'll get off our asses and figure out what went wrong. We're nowhere near sorry for any inconvenience and you have our sincerest wishes for a crappy day. And we hope that you got off on the fucking we so enjoyed giving you this morning. Is there anything else we can't do for you today?".

So, the debits managed to go through no problem, but the deposits are fucked up? How very convenient.

So, now I wait until tomorrow when the problem should be resolved. I don't dare hold my breath on that one because you just know that the charges won't be reversed that quickly and I'll be a broke ass bitch until then.

Good times.
posted by suebiedoobie @ 8:04 AM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates