QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Chicken Wings and Boobie Tassels

Wednesday, September 27, 2006
One More Day
I knew it!! I don't know why I'm even surprised. I predicted this would happen just because God hates me. Yes, our 5th anniversary and vacation starts tomorrow and so did I. A week early. Christ! Why can't I get a break? So, today, I'm crampy and crabby. You've been warned! But, I took some extra strength tylenol so it's not as bad as it sounds.

The strangest thing happened to me last night at the grocery store. It was very sweet, surreal, and downright bizarre. I went to our little grocery store to get something for dinner. They have three young girl cashiers - probably 19 or 20 years old. I know one isn't yet 21 because every time you go into her checkout lane she has to call over another girl over to ring up the booze. The store wasn't busy at all so I'm checking out and the checkout girl proceeds to have a conversation with me. Mind you, I've been going to this same little store at least twice a week for the past 4 years and we always banter while they're ringing us up. This is what she says:

Check out girl: You have great style. I always notice what you wear and look for stuff like that when I'm shopping
Me: Thanks, that's really sweet (while I'm thinking - omg, I hope I don't dress too young looking)
Check out girl: I keep telling my Aunt who is about your age, she's 30, that she dresses too old for her age".

And, at first I'm like - WHAT??? Then I'm like, holy shit, she thinks I'm 30!! I'll take it.

Check out girl: Can I ask you a personal question? Oh, I better not, I don't want to make you mad.
Me: No, go ahead. Even if I'm offended I won't tattle on you. You have my permission - ask away.
Check out girl: Did you used to be real big?
Me: Yea, about 2 years ago. You guys aren't very observant are you?
Check out girl says to check out girl 2: I knew It! Hey so and so, it IS her.

She then tells me how they had a bet if I was the fat bitch that used to come into the store (I paraphrased - sue me). If I was the same girl or not. The other cashier said, "I didn't think so because it seemed like only a week later you were skinny, so I said no way, it's somebody else."

I guess I should take it as a compliment and leave it at that.

It might shape up to be a good day after all! Because there's only

1 Day

Left until vacation!! While, I'm really excited and ready to get the hell outta town for a few days, the bitch of it is we have to take Mr. Leo to the kennel tonight. And that's excruciatingly hard. He always looks at us like we're abandoning him. But, he was there last year for 6 days so I think he'll be okay. We'll take a blanket from home and some of his toys so he has things around him that are familiar. The kennel we take him to is a great place to keep a dog and they always take such good care of him. They have horses, cows, goats, and other dogs there. And there's a huge area for him to go outside so I shouldn't feel so bad. It'll be like a vacation for him too! I just know that after we drop him off I'm going to cry. I always do. He's my little old man and the best dog I could have ever asked for. I'm going to miss him terribly! Yea, I know, I need to get a grip. It's 6 days! What can I say, I love my Leo.

So, I'll see you guys next Wednesday!
posted by suebiedoobie @ 7:36 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At Wednesday, September 27, 2006 8:55:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are TOTALLY justified in having a hard time leaving Leo. He's a fur-baby. I personally never had the spine to leave mine at a kennel, so he goes EVERYWHERE or he get taken to my in-laws up in PA.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Six Foot Model - Too Young

This is my Brain on the Web...Where are the Damned Comments People?
About Me

Name: suebiedoobie
Home: Illinois, United States
About Me: I'm married with dog. Kids freak me out.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


It's ALMOST SPRING!!!

Links
Slideshow Time!

Free Blogger Templates